Archived Will I survive my 90 day evaluation?

• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

targetgirl123456

I'm a hardlines TM& when I'm assigned for zoning/reshopping toys/chemicals for example, in the early afternoon they have me doing calfs (stocking stuff) for a few hours & this takes away time from zoning/reshopping (what I'm actually assigned for). I always do what I'm supposed to do & I never slack. It's just that when I stock stuff & I also offer do do backup cashier It takes away time from me finishing zoning everything before the end of my shift & there's been times I didn't finish zoning a full department. Is that bad? I always do as much as I can & help guests all the time when they cant find something.No one says anything to me when I don't finish all the zoning.. I get told I zone isles good. I just want to finish everything I'm assigned for on my shift. The things I have been told though are I should improve on not having so much reshop with me & the end of the night ( try to keep up with it) which I try my best to do & it's been working.

I'm always working the best I can & getting better. I've been working at target for almost a month now.

How do you know if they will keep you after & if they like you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a hardlines TM& when I'm assigned for zoning/reshopping toys/chemicals for example, in the early afternoon they have me doing calfs (stocking stuff) for a few hours & this takes away time from zoning/reshopping (what I'm actually assigned for). I always do what I'm supposed to do & I never slack. It's just that when I stock stuff & I also offer do do backup cashier It takes away time from me finishing zoning everything before the end of my shift & there's been times I didn't finish zoning a full department. Is that bad? I always do as much as I can & help guests all the time when they cant find something.No one says anything to me when I don't finish all the zoning.. I get told I zone isles good. I just want to finish everything I'm assigned for on my shift. The things I have been told though are I should improve on not having so much reshop with me & the end of the night ( try to keep up with it) which I try my best to do & it's been working.

I'm always working the best I can.

Generally speaking, if you have to ask that question the answer is probably "No" they will not keep you. The economy is tough, jobs are scarce and you need to stand out if you want to stay. Mediocre performance will not get you a permament position.

Generally speaking, if you have to ask that question the answer is probably "No" they will not keep you. The economy is tough, jobs are scarce and you need to stand out if you want to stay. Mediocre performance will not get you a permament position.

Lol they are not that scarce in retail. One of my former coworkers at Target told me the STL is offering cash bonuses to any TM who refers someone for a job in the store because they can't hire enough for 4th quarter.

In the last month, I've been asked if I want a job at Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Literally, asked if I wanted a job by a manager and it would literally be mine if I said yes.... and these people don't even know me for the most part. Of course, I turned them down. But you could really feel the desperation.

The economy is actually getting better.

Last edited:

I'm always working the best I can & getting better. I've been working at target for almost a month now.

Keep on trying. You will get faster. Do a little zoning when pushing cafs.
Good luck.

Lol they are not that scarce in retail. One of my former coworkers at Target told me the STL is offering cash bonuses to any TM who refers someone for a job in the store because they can't hire enough for 4th quarter.

In the last month, I've been asked if I want a job at Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Literally, asked if I wanted a job by a manager and it would literally be mine if I said yes.... and these people don't even know me for the most part. Of course, I turned them down. But you could really feel the desperation.

The economy is actually getting better.

Cash bonuses are for referring ETLs, not regular team members. I don't know where you are from, but here good jobs are scarce.

Cash bonuses are for referring ETLs, not regular team members. I don't know where you are from, but here good jobs are scarce.

My store/district often ran referral bonuses for referring TMs and TLs, not just ETLs. The values were of course much lower than the company program for referring execs.

That will never happen at my store. People are beating down our doors (well, calling non-stop) begging to talk to someone higher than me at GS to "talk about their application."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back