Wine Vendors

So our wine vendors are kind of annoying for these reasons

1) They show up whenever and stock wine when we are trying to stock shelves.
2) They leave their stock on U-boats/Flatbeds and put in the backroom aisles
3) Supposedly they want to take ADDITIONAL space in our aisles for their product.
4) They cut wine cases at an angle and when a guest hits them its breaks them all.

Target buys a lot of wine from so you need to do what WE WANT. Otherwise I will find another vendor.

So our wine vendors are kind of annoying for these reasons

1) They show up whenever and stock wine when we are trying to stock shelves.
2) They leave their stock on U-boats/Flatbeds and put in the backroom aisles
3) Supposedly they want to take ADDITIONAL space in our aisles for their product.
4) They cut wine cases at an angle and when a guest hits them its breaks them all.

Target buys a lot of wine from so you need to do what WE WANT. Otherwise I will find another vendor.

You think that cutting at an angle so the guest break them all is by accident?
Seems like a really easy way to sell more wine.
You can write reports on them can't you?
I seem to remember our receiver doing that to a couple of particularly bad vendors.
Things were straightened after that.

Not knowing a thing about your store , but understanding where your frustrations come from, I will summarize how we deal with vendors:

1) Wine vendors, much like any other dsd vendors have fixed days when they service our store. We get serviced 2-3 times a week , to once a week , from various vendors . The merchandiser usually comes the day of delivery, we know these days and plan for it.

2) Vendors have allocated space in receiving, it varies from 1-2 pallet space , coke, pepsi nabisco, fritolay, beer/wine. They use our flats and uboats when pushing, but never leave their product on vehicles.

3) Vendors will always want additional space, from October-January, our answer is always NO. Stick to the script, only company allocated space, if it doesn’t make sense, becomes an issue where guests are breaking bottles, remove the beer/wine stacks or move it.

4) They cut wine boxes at an angle, so it looks better, and it does. Use #3, if wines stacks, beer stacks don’t make sense.

In short, know best practices regarding vendors. If what they are asking for is reasonable, accommodate them. If they fuck up, you call them out, and you refuse a delivery, that gets their attention real fast.

Back