Archived Winter (The Holidays) is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have many questions since I am still a probie:

1. I believe it is very safe to assume I am not a seasonal hire because I was hired in the middle of July and nothing of the matter was discussed?

2. When, on a general basis, do seasonal TM's start being hired? And when do they actually show up and start sucking the hours out of payroll?

3. And bringing that up, What would my hours as a Flow TM look like for the coming Holidays? I have been getting what seems to be a standard amount for each truck thus far (usually up to 5). We usually get 3 trucks a week with an average of 2400 piece trucks.

4. Finally, Is it company wide that they no longer give 90 day reviews with possible raise?

5. Well one more, what else is to be expected for the season?.....

If you were hired in July and the word seasonal never left anyone's mouth, you aren't seasonal.

There are no raises for 90 day reviews, or so I was told and I've been nominated top performer nearly every month I've been here. The review itself seems to be hit or miss...apparently mine is lost in the world of the ETL-HR, but is done. Who knows.

Seasonal TMs (used to) sign a piece of paper acknowledging they were seasonal hires.

All the major seasonal hiring, at our store at least, starts the last couple weeks of October. I am not sure about flow team but with the rest of the store there seems to be more hours than they know what to do with so your hours probably will go up if you want them to.

Ever since I have worked there the 90 day reviews have never come with a raise. It was more of a status check.

Lastly it sounds like you are a lower volume store so you don't have to worry about 10 truck weeks like we do!

expect not to have a soul this christmas, your going to work a lot.

for those entire months i was either working, or sleeping, and i come from a lower volume store, and this is when i was on flow team

Maybe it depends on the store because less than a year ago, I got a review/raise at 90 days. Then shortly after that was the annual review with a raise - was told that I only got half that I was due because I'd been there less than six months. Then I was made GSA with another raise and then GSTL with yet another raise.

I'm thinking I may never see another raise cuz I used 'em all up the first year, right?

I saw the newest Target Christmas (Holiday) advertisement on TV, but its not even November yet!!!!!!! I can see it now though. Come to Target , doorbusters starting at 10pm Thanksgiving day. Ummmmm I think I speak for all current TM's (though I am a former TM) when I say HELL NO!

I saw the newest Target Christmas (Holiday) advertisement on TV, but its not even November yet!!!!!!! I can see it now though. Come to Target , doorbusters starting at 10pm Thanksgiving day. Ummmmm I think I speak for all current TM's (though I am a former TM) when I say HELL NO!

don't speak for me! i LOVE black friday and wouldn't be bothered at all to come in at 10pm. I don't think it's the smartest move for every store but it wouldn't bother me at all.

don't speak for me! i LOVE black friday and wouldn't be bothered at all to come in at 10pm. I don't think it's the smartest move for every store but it wouldn't bother me at all.

It's allright redandkhaki, you'll be fine once your medication kicks in. You know, before I started working in retail I used to love the Christmas season. Don't know what happened......:scare:

I'm a seasonal hire. My interview was the end of September, and this last Saturday (10/13) was my orientation. If they like me (and they have room on payroll) they may keep me as a regular. Yesterday I had cashier training and was supposed to shadow, but two TM I was shadowing and the supervising GSTL all said I was doing Amazing (gotta have amazing at Target lol) so they let me hop on a lane all by myself.

I sure hope they'll keep me.

It's kind of weird being Jewish this time of year.
Hanukkah is actually a pretty minor holiday meant mostly for kids and Christmas so overwhelms everything.

I'm a seasonal hire. My interview was the end of September, and this last Saturday (10/13) was my orientation. If they like me (and they have room on payroll) they may keep me as a regular. Yesterday I had cashier training and was supposed to shadow, but two TM I was shadowing and the supervising GSTL all said I was doing Amazing (gotta have amazing at Target lol) so they let me hop on a lane all by myself.

I sure hope they'll keep me.

Be stellar, willing to learn & open availability.

Commie i have family who celebrate Hanukkah, but your post reminded me of Kyle's song from one of the first South Park Christmas episodes called "A Jew On Christmas"

Commie i have family who celebrate Hanukkah, but your post reminded me of Kyle's song from one of the first South Park Christmas episodes called "A Jew On Christmas"

[video=youtube;EP1gNYU27Tk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1gNYU27Tk&feature=colike[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back