Archived #Workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd only say it's easy because for the most part it's big stuff, but then I've only worked flow twice and I ended up in the candy and cerial aisles in grocery both times

All that baby food/formula takes FOREVER! My hands look horrible by the end.

All that baby food/formula takes FOREVER! My hands look horrible by the end.

Formula is easy. Baby food is time consuming but no more so than 90% of grocery. The majority of the stock in your pictures is diapers and car seats. It's bulky and it looks like a lot but it goes fast.

After a while of doing baby food you start to memorize their locations so pushing gets easier. The only time it starts to suck is when someone else pushes it, they push it to whatever location, and now you have to spend time fixing it. Either way it's time consuming - still - "you have 20 mins, go!" . I had a TM push baby food and diapers during the unload - by the time the unload was done this section was down to a small tub and the team could breeze through in a few minutes. Otherwise the team could spend tons of time in that department.

After a while of doing baby food you start to memorize their locations so pushing gets easier. The only time it starts to suck is when someone else pushes it, they push it to whatever location, and now you have to spend time fixing it. Either way it's time consuming - still - "you have 20 mins, go!" . I had a TM push baby food and diapers during the unload - by the time the unload was done this section was down to a small tub and the team could breeze through in a few minutes. Otherwise the team could spend tons of time in that department.

Yea unfortunately I had to fix everything as usual. I rarely get to begin before 6 am. So I have to do what I can before the store opens. And time passes by quickly!!! Seems like every time I go to stock something, I need to fix it, especially the diapers. But your way sounds so much easier. Instead it's just me there all alone. That's how it is for all of softlines tho. I know this section is considered hardlines but they group it with softlines.

Hey, that store looks familiar now that I've looked closer at that pic.

This is flow on a normal day...

My favorite is when i walk in to open market on a bad day, and get to walk by the OTC pharmacy nightmare of repacks that got shipped in.

Wow your custom blocks for baby are crazy.. our ETL set ours so all the big furniture stuff is one block, diapers and wipes are a block, and everything else in a block (aside from clothing).. sorry you have to sort through that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back