Archived Working at Target and a 2nd job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a job at a photography studio and I don't want to leave target. How do I approach my TL's about getting my hours cut? Do they normally work around other job schedules? I know there are a few people at my store who work other jobs. I've never been in this situation though so I don't know where to start. We just got our schedule today for the week of the first, and the studio manager said that she would work with me on my days off at Target til I get everything figured out.
I guess I just need tips to talk to the management at Target about it all. Thanks!

I simply submitted a new availability on EHR, as long as you have a steady schedule at your new job where you are off say at 5 every day you can set yourself available at Target from 6-close or 7-close however you would want it, they should approve it unless there is a conflict with nobody else being able to be in your work center durring that time frame (which is unlikely unless you are on a small team such as presentation or instocks where the hours are early in the day)

Been down that road myself. Good luck getting them to give a shit. Get your ETL's on board and you'll have an easier time. But, go TL first.

I simply submitted a new availability on EHR, as long as you have a steady schedule at your new job where you are off say at 5 every day you can set yourself available at Target from 6-close or 7-close however you would want it, they should approve it unless there is a conflict with nobody else being able to be in your work center durring that time frame (which is unlikely unless you are on a small team such as presentation or instocks where the hours are early in the day)
That's the thing is I don't know if I will have a set schedule at the 2nd job or what...I definitely will need to give them a heads up tomorrow, but I don't train for the new job til Wednesday so I guess I'll figure that out then.

If you don't have a set schedule try to get them to coordinate a schedule with you at least 2 weeks in advance so you can let Target know what your TL/ETL that does your schedule know before they make it. We have a couple of TMs at my store that need to coordinate their schedule with their spouse/significant others work schedule which fluctuates and the person making the schedule is usually accommodating as long as they are given the days that the person can be scheduled before the schedule is made (usualy the Sunday or Monday night before it comes out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back