Archived Working in a higher paying department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuki

Yuki
So for the last couple of months I've been getting shifts in food ave. At first it was just to cover as backup but I ended up learning the ins and outs and generally coming to like it more than my actual position. 3 months into just getting food ave shifts and I decide I might as well transfer over.

I talked to food ave TL, Front End ETL and HR TL and they've just giving me the run around. Stating that they cant transfer me over because the can't lose me for my original position. I have gotten a total of almost 2 weeks worth of my original shifts in the past 4 almost 5 months now. I can safely assume they don't really need me that bad.

Everyone is telling me that they owe me backpay as NYC law states of you work more than 70% of shifts in a department that has a higher base pay than what you're gettting you're entitled to backpay. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

It just seems like they don't want to transfer me because they don't want to give me the pay raise. They can transfer me and still throw in shifts for my original department here and there like they've been doing. Another girl who transfered in from a different department is still getting softlines shifts.

Mind you I started inquiring about taking one of the open positions in food ave before they started the hiring process a few weeks ago and now "all the positions are filled" even though they only one person started working and there were 3 positions open. But Im still working there and apparently judging by the new week being posted and still seeing food ave shifts on my schedule thinks that I can still be squeezed in there.

I don't understand why they wont just do it. I know how to do pretty much everything. I've even closed multiple times on my own because we were so short staffed.

Yeh, sounds like they're being cheap by not allowing you to fully transfer.
I believe the backpay would be if you're actually keyed in as FA & working more than 50% of your shifts there but state law may supersede that.
Don't know how your hrs/per week are or if you want to risk it but you might talk to HR about refusing FA shifts if they don't want to pay you for it.
Or start giving away FA shifts while picking up shifts in other areas.
It would be cutting off your nose to spite your face but the point would be made.
Oh & don't forget those TLs during the Best Team Survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back