Archived Working off the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regularly (everyday I work) see people working off the clock. I don't mean cashiering or on the floor, but checking emails, doing paperwork, etc. People also get equipment and sign it out then clock in. That is working also. I've ignored it. Until yesterday.

I got a speech by my lead, who was ironically off the clock at this time, to not clock in early anymore. What he was referring too was clocking in anytime before my shift starts. For example, I'm in at 6am but I clock in at 5:57.

So, it's all good to break company policy and work rules in general as long as it benefits Target? If Target doesn't want people clocking on early, why not make it so they can't?

I grab that extra 5 minutes every day! Clock allows it, I'm taking it. Same with clocking out. I'm front end, so if my replacement isn't there at SD or SCO, I have to stay until they arrive.

My goal is to grab at least an extra hour of pay every paycheck!

Lots of people in mg store are scheduled at 7am. They used to punch in at 655 so they could grab equipment and login and be on the floor at 7 when the store opens. Our STL put up a sign saying 'no punching in early and you must leave at scheduled end time.'

I used to stay late, within reason (a few minutes), to finish up backstocking the uboat I was working on. Now I'm told that 5-10 minutes before I'm scheduled to leave to roll it back and label what it is and leave it for someone else and I can't stay past my scheduled end time. I understand they want to save hours but atleast let people finish their vehicle. When I drop mine off at 10. There's usually a couple partially work w no clips as to what's what on there. Time consuming for someone else you deal w I'm sure.

Now I'm told that 5-10 minutes before I'm scheduled to leave to roll it back and label what it is and leave it for someone else and I can't stay past my scheduled end time.

I have to start heading for the back at least 15 minutes prior if I want to be done and clocked out on time. Guests, cardboard and trash, BACKSTOCKING...

You know what, bump that to 20 minutes minimum.

I really don't see how they're going to expect people to do this sh*t in a 4-5 hour shift. It's simply not doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back