Archived Working only four days for a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I had a verbal discourse with a TL because I explained to her at 5:40 that I had to leave at 5:45. I usually have to tell this to her because 1) She always forgets that not everyone is here until 6. 2) I took five days this week and I come close to 40. She went off on me using the words "I don't care!". (I explained an ETL said that I had to leave on time)

Out of everyone I've ever worked with that is a TL or an ETL, this particular TL has emotional issues. She constantly is frustrated with everything that happens around her but does nothing to figure out how to handle those kinds of situations without yelling. The fight we had yesterday was mostly because she wanted me to do the clean up of the carts from the flow team and from the remodel team. I did get most of the carts, but a few of them weren't empty. She went off on the ETL's and the other TL's about what all this stuff was in the carts.

I took off with a flatbed that she ordered me to take to the back and threatened me with a call to the office. I went to the head of HR (somehow the TL figured out where I was). I meant to tell her what's going on, but I just wanted to leave at that point.

I called off so that I have more free range to stay over when I work with her. That means less money for me, but I seriously get tired of confrontations like that.

Was I wrong?

So, you left early because you were coming close to overtime, right? Pardon my French, but she sounds like a crazy b*tch. I would document everything and go to HR. And no, you were not wrong for following an ETL's instructions over a TL's.

Somehow I missed that you waited until five minutes before you had to leave to say anything. That is douchey. I always tell my TL first thing in the morning if I know I'm going to go over, then figure out exactly how early I'll need to leave, and let them know as soon as I figure it out.

The problem is we never see all of the TLs or ETLs in the same place. This one usually is in another floor.

We have a lot of TLs. Three of them and about four ETLs. Sometimes they all show up, should I tell all of them?

If the that tl was on tlod mode on PDA, they would of know it. Or that tl would look at schedule or ot list & see it there too. I would say run as fast as you can. My Stl would of jump on that tl for ot.

Last edited:
If the that tl was on tlod mode on PDA, they would of know it. Or that tl would look at schedule or ot list & see it there too. I would say run as fast as you can. My Stl would of jump on that tl for ot.

She apologized the next day I came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back