Archived Working Pulls / Stopping the Vicious Back Stock Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick Shot

I fear no shot in pool!
As I still consider myself as new to the Flow team,,, I'd like to know how other stores work their pulls? In Market our TLs have us stock from the truck first, then work the pulls. Often times the shelves are fully stocked by the time we get to the pulls so the pulls then become back stock again!
P.S.
If this thread should go under another heading, I know one of you fine moderators can move it for me?

In Market, you should be working the pulls first since that is usually older product. This helps with FIFO. This might also keep you from opening new casepacks when you fill it with the pull first. But do it however your leaders want you to.

We have one person work each vehicle of pull at the same time that the rest of flow is pushing in that department.

I'd like to think that the autofills take into account the product that is due to arrive on that mornings truck, or that they don't drop until AFTER the flow TL receives the truck and the merchandise is added to our stock...But that is just wishful thinking.

It's wrong. Pulls should be worked first.

I've seen some stores do this, especially ones that are on a morning process. Mostly done because the leadership wants all the boxes and pallets off the floor by store open and it's easier to push carts/tubs after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back