Archived Would you go in if you were scheduled for a 3 hour shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't usually get scheduled 3 hours, especially in the backroom, but the last time it happened a few months ago, I told them to either extend it to at least 4 1/2 or cut it. Enjoyed my weekend day off.

I don't know if there is an official rule requiring 3 or 4 hours of minimum paid work, but at my store sometimes a 2- or 3-hour shift slips through the cracks (usually when someone was split between work centers and removed from one but not the other). ETL-HR told me: 3 hours or less and you are not required to come in to work. Just tell an ETL you have a shift of that length and they will remove you from the schedule, or extend you if you're interested and hours are available. There aren't many things my store does right, but at least they got that one.

To answer the original post: No way I'd ever work a 3-hour shift; I can find ways to be useful and extend after my normal shifts if I need hours, and during holiday season if we get into enough trouble for overtime to come up I'll stay and work 12 to 15 hours if I can. 3 hours isn't going to happen, I'd rather take a nap. ;)

If you schedule me 3 hours, I'm going to work 3 hours. Unless another work center offers me an add-on shift ahead of time.

I only live 3 miles away so yes I would go in for a three hour shift. I would most likely let it be known that I wasn't really happy with a shift that short, but I'd do it anyway. I am primarily Pharmacy so unless there was a scheduling snafu I don't think I have to worry about it. Also sometimes they schedule tms like that just to see who will show up, it can be a loyalty test. They did this at my last store and it was annoying.

I live within a mile of my store so probably, but would be highly pissed.. but I'm also used to get 40 most weeks.

I see. Like I said in the rat thread, pretty much the entire pfresh team quit. so they've been using the flow team to fill in. I'm used to working either 2am or 4am. But to randomly get a 7:30am shift is something i dont really like. You would think they'd ask if that time was within your availability, i don't have a car so i get a ride. but that ride is at work during 7:00. I told them and they told to just find coverage. I can't so I'm just going to call out. I only had other one anyway from last year.

Would I go in? NOOOOOPE.

I need at least a 5 hour shift for my break-even point.

I drive a half hour out of my way to be there, so there is no way in hell I'd work a little dinky 3 hour shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back