Archived Wrongly rejected of a Pharmacy tech job offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey so i have a question about target and their job offers

i recently had a job offer from target as a pharmacy tech and i called in today to see what was happening with the offer because it has been a month since anyone has contacted me about it

target said they were waiting for my drug tests to come back, which was understandable, i knew my drug test results were going to come up positive because I am on a prescription medication right now, but the drug testers contacted me to verify my information about my meds just to see i wasn't a drug addict or anything, which i gave them all my information and stuff

a couple weeks past and no one contacts me, and i don't have the time to contact anyone either because I'm still in college and I've had no time with finals and stuff

but since I'm out of school now, i finally call them back today and target gives me the bad news

they said i didn't pass my drug tests ! (which was impossible since i had a legit prescription) and that since CVS had taken over, I would have to apply through CVS for the job

I understand that CVS has taken over the pharmacy and that i need to reapply through them, but why didn't Target call me back to notify that I no longer have a job anymore ? I had been waiting for a call from Target for over a month and i quit my other job the day i got the job offer from target

and the worst part is, I called my drug test center to get information about my failed drug tests, and they said the opposite of target said, that I DID pass the drug tests

So am i allowed to call back Target and clear things up and say that I did indeed pass the drug tests and since you hired me on through target and NOT CVS, so I could technically be hired as a tech ?

I have been stressing over this for a week and I don't know what to do ? From my understanding, Target said they didn't hire me because my failed test ? But that wasn't the case and I did pass it ?

Well I reapplied with CVS for a position at Target and my local CVS, hopefully I can still get a job or this sorted out, even with the "failed" drug test...

Before you go any further, realize that these companies DO NOT care about you.

If they needed the position, they would have called. Obviously, the position did not need filling.

Getting no call and getting a call that you were turned down are exactly the same in their eyes. Because, the outcome is the same for them.

The sooner people realize it's all company/profit driven, the less stress you'll have.

I went in for an interview at another company. At the conclusion, I asked when I should call back. The interviewer said ... Do not call us. We'll call you either way.

Do you think they ever called? Nope.

Huh....when I had taken the drug test for target I tried to give quest (the lab they used) all my narcotic prescription drug info But the tech said to me - the only thing we test for with Taeget is pot.

At the company I work for now, they do a different test. A swab in your mouth. I wrote down the mess I take. No one called me to question.

About 5 or 6 weeks ago Target put a hiring freeze on pharmacy jobs. You probably got caught up in that. It sucks, but sometimes shit happens. Good luck!

Before you go any further, realize that these companies DO NOT care about you.

If they needed the position, they would have called. Obviously, the position did not need filling.

Getting no call and getting a call that you were turned down are exactly the same in their eyes. Because, the outcome is the same for them.

The sooner people realize it's all company/profit driven, the less stress you'll have.

I went in for an interview at another company. At the conclusion, I asked when I should call back. The interviewer said ... Do not call us. We'll call you either way.

Do you think they ever called? Nope.
Yeah, except the OP actually was offered a job. They don't spend money on a drug test for everybody who applies.

About 5 or 6 weeks ago Target put a hiring freeze on pharmacy jobs. You probably got caught up in that. It sucks, but sometimes shit happens. Good luck!
Not completely true....a store near me has a tech who started after 12/1.

Laws regarding drug testing vary from state to state, especially for people in health care.

Sorry, but you shouldn't have waited over a month before following up. If you were "too busy" to make a simple phone call, how did you plan on working?

Not completely true....a store near me has a tech who started after 12/1.

Laws regarding drug testing vary from state to state, especially for people in health care.

Sorry, but you shouldn't have waited over a month before following up. If you were "too busy" to make a simple phone call, how did you plan on working?

But I didn't wait a month to call. When I called, it had been a month when they actually decide to RESPOND to me. Within that month, I had also called THEM, multiple times actually. Every time I did, the HR lady who offered me the job didn't respond or they said that she was not in that day, I had even left a message to her to call me back. I'm frustrated because they said that Communications "should've" called me and told me. From my point of view, I hope you can understand why I was so frustrated with all of this. When I was offered the job, I literally got an interview after 2 hours I applied to it, and the job offer the next day, so it was clear that they were desperately in need of people. I even quit my other job for Target that same day.
And even my tests were taking awhile to come back, Target even called me to check-in to say they haven't forgotten about me so I mean there was some sense of concern there. And they didn't call back about anything after that. So when I called them and they told me I didn't get the job because of a "failed drug test", it didn't seem right. I specifically called the drug test company to confirm the results and they said that I had clearly passed it and confirmed my script. Sorry, but I don't think it necessarily fair to reject me of a job because of the medication I take to improve my health.

Last edited:
Huh....when I had taken the drug test for target I tried to give quest (the lab they used) all my narcotic prescription drug info But the tech said to me - the only thing we test for with Taeget is pot.

At the company I work for now, they do a different test. A swab in your mouth. I wrote down the mess I take. No one called me to question.

I wish that was the case for me...I told me my lab lady that I was on medication. She said that they would call me to confirm my script, which I did, after I gave my urine sample. They said they only do drug tests for Pharm tects now, but they probably screen for more drugs

But I didn't wait a month to call. When I called, it had been a month when they actually decide to RESPOND to me. Within that month, I had also called THEM, multiple times actually. Every time I did, the HR lady who offered me the job didn't respond or they said that she was not in that day, I had even left a message to her to call me back. I'm frustrated because they said that Communications "should've" called me and told me. From my point of view, I hope you can understand why I was so frustrated with all of this. When I was offered the job, I literally got an interview after 2 hours I applied to it, and the job offer the next day, so it was clear that they were desperately in need of people. I even quit my other job for Target that same day.
And even my tests were taking awhile to come back, Target even called me to check-in to say they haven't forgotten about me so I mean there was some sense of concern there. And they didn't call back about anything after that. So when I called them and they told me I didn't get the job because of a "failed drug test", it didn't seem right. I specifically called the drug test company to confirm the results and they said that I had clearly passed it and confirmed my script. Sorry, but I don't think it necessarily fair to reject me of a job because of the medication I take to improve my health.
sorry, I misunderstood. Your original post said "a couple weeks past and noone contacts me and I don't have the time to contact anyone either," so it sounded like you didn't make any phone calls in that time.

And they do screen pharmacy technicians for everything. Drug diversion is a serious problem amongst pharmacy workers, so they can reject an applicant who tests positive on a screen, even if they have a legal prescription.

I suspect you are just crap out of luck. The hiring freeze is in place and you'll probably just have to wait till Spring if you really want this job. Or just to apply to another pharm tech job and just realize this was literally the worse case scenario of frustrating events happening at once and it is beyond your control.

sorry, I misunderstood. Your original post said "a couple weeks past and noone contacts me and I don't have the time to contact anyone either," so it sounded like you didn't make any phone calls in that time.

And they do screen pharmacy technicians for everything. Drug diversion is a serious problem amongst pharmacy workers, so they can reject an applicant who tests positive on a screen, even if they have a legal prescription.

I think we have our answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back