Archived Yo! Newly hired GSA nice to meet ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up y'all. Happy Sunday! I am new to Target and new to here. This site has some great info and insight. Nice! Any info or advice for me? My orientation is coming up. Im just ready to get started working. I have fallen on hard times. I think this role is like a front end supervisor. I have read a lot of different reviews on this GSA role. Im open to hear/learn more. Thanks in advance!

You're not technically a supervisor, the GSTL is. The GSA is typically the GSTL's *****. However when there isn't a GSTL around most stores hand control over to the GSA. You can "request" tasks of people, and help with training, but in NO WAY can you coach somebody. Ever. GSAs aren't TLs nor are they expected to in any capacity (except their task workload), so you're limited in the amount of "leadership" you can execute.

What to expect? You can expect that the entire Front End workload is going to be dumped on your shoulders, if you're lucky, your GSTL/GSA team will all pitch in equally.

I recommend going to the Guest Service section of the guides forum and read all of the applicable work areas for guest service.

Welcome!

EDIT: Also it varies from store to store. Some stores use GSAs as GSTLs on the cheap and expect more leadership (whilst receiving the same pay), while other stores use GSAs for Cashier/Guest Service/Cash Office primarily, and a backup GSTL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back