Archived You people that act like Target is just now turning in the wrong direction...

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
i do not plan to leave. i have a fantastic store, my STL is truly an expert at what she does, our leadership team holds our team accountable and we have amazing vibe scores. Not all of the stores are train wrecks :)

For those of you at good stores, I'm really happy for you.
That is what Target can and should be.
Keep in mind that your STL can be shifted to another store in a couple of months or find another job etc.

I'm not for a minute trying to talk anybody into quitting.
I'd probably still be there myself.
There are a lot of great people at my store who I really liked working with and most aspects of my job were interesting enough to make each day worth it.
I'm just saying that the things you think are good can change drastically and suddenly.

Last edited:
yes, i know. we had an stl FROM HELL for over two yrs. we had to keep her so she could develop her people skills. I am not naive enough to think it will always be roses. we have had some rough years, but there is a core group that has held the store together in spite of the crap spot pulls. i wish that for every store!!

yes, i know. we had an stl FROM HELL for over two yrs. we had to keep her so she could develop her people skills. I am not naive enough to think it will always be roses. we have had some rough years, but there is a core group that has held the store together in spite of the crap spot pulls. i wish that for every store!!

Spot will get them.

Unfortunately many of us came by our cynicism the old fashioned way.
Spot beat it into us.

Most of us started out fresh faced, dewy eyed kids with faith in human beings and songs in our hearts.
We wanted to be fast, fun and friendly.

It's tough when you watch things crumble around you.
When the insurance you had is changed to a piggy bank and even that is taken away from the part time employees.
When hours are cut to a point where you can barely do your job.
Or when bosses decide that you're an inconvenience and performance you out the door.

I'd say for some of the things that have gone on the folks here are down right naive.

wow. you guys are cynical!! most of the core group has been in our store for ten plus years ;)

Sounds like you're at a store where most of the ETL staff is deemed "unpromotable" and therefore don't get rotated out. We're about to lose 5 ETLs to the standard 18 month switcheroo and get yet another batch of fresh-out-college-faces who think they know everything because they have a Bachelor's of Arts.

lol...no, by leadership i meant tl's and srtl's. we get the new ones too. actually, we attract them because we truly are a solid store. i feel horrible for the crap that some of the people on here put up with every day. We have had some really crappy people come and go and spot has def. done plenty of stupid. still thankful i have a job and it isn't at walmart!

wow. you guys are cynical!!

Unfortunately many of us came by our cynicism the old fashioned way.
Spot beat it into us.

Most of us started out fresh faced, dewy eyed kids with faith in human beings and songs in our hearts.
We wanted to be fast, fun and friendly.

My signature explains what happened to me; I essentially thought people were good, companies were good, and people weren't really out to get each other or screw people over...

That thought process disappeared verrrry quickly.

I've been with Target for over 10 years. In my experience Target isn't "out to get" anything but the $. It's a publicly traded company and has the obligation to make profits. That being said I don't see Walmart giving %5 of those profits to the community, or doing volunteer drives, or the other things that make me proud to work for Target.

The failure is from the management at the district & store level. A lot of managers only work to cover their own a$$. Make the scores green at any cost, not stick to best practice.

Thanks for contributing to a thoughtful discussion.

wow. you guys are cynical!! most of the core group has been in our store for ten plus years ;)

Sounds like you're at a store where most of the ETL staff is deemed "unpromotable" and therefore don't get rotated out. We're about to lose 5 ETLs to the standard 18 month switcheroo and get yet another batch of fresh-out-college-faces who think they know everything because they have a Bachelor's of Arts.
I agree we just did the switcheroo & have the new 22 yr old ETL's.

Target ETL's are schooled, instructed and otherwise led down the path that if someone doesn't perform to an exact standard, then they are to be coached and reprimanded. I's a culture of "Bad" rather than one of keep working towards your (our) goals. Sure, the paperwork which is required, and seemingly few have time to complete in a thorough and timely manner, is accessible. I'd rather show my TM's the scoreboard, tell them how they contributed, and go get em! When I showed my TM's (at an impromptu meeting) when we were totally green, they almost cried.
No one had ever shown them. That is sad.

I agree we just did the switcheroo & have the new 22 yr old ETL's.

And most of them are useless.. No computer skills, they can't even open MS office without hand holding. I wish I was joking..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back