Archived Youngest TL/GSA you've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
I've seen as young as 18 and they performed exceptionally well. They were GSA promoted to GSTL about 14 months later.

Last edited:
We have a GSA that's 21, but she's been in role since she was 19 and she's amazing. Showed me a lot of stuff when I went back to the checklanes last year after a three year stint in other work centers. Way back in the day we had an ETL who was 20, and she was pretty good TBH (she's no longer with Spot, though). Better than the ones we have now who are older. We have had our share of less than ideal ones, though.

18, GSTL. Probably one of the easier TL positions to get into, you'll see lots of young young people get them.

18, GSTL. Probably one of the easier TL positions to get into, you'll see lots of young young people get them.

As much as I disagree with that statement I see where you're going. My GSA was 19 when she took on the role, and she has grown into it considerably in the time I have known her. I just can't see an 18 year-old dealing with hiring, corrective action, and writing reviews. Never mind the money and dealing with irate and aggressive guests. But hey, some surprise you.

21 BRTL at a AAA+ volume store...freaking MONSTER all I could do was watch with how he lead the team and talked to his peers about dumping in the BR and sticking so close to process and keeping the ETL up to speed.

As much as I disagree with that statement I see where you're going. My GSA was 19 when she took on the role, and she has grown into it considerably in the time I have known her. I just can't see an 18 year-old dealing with hiring, corrective action, and writing reviews. Never mind the money and dealing with irate and aggressive guests. But hey, some surprise you.
I mean, the one I have is absolute garbage, so you're probably right. She was 18 when she took the role and runs a high school clique up front. But it's a decently easy stepping stone if you perform well as a GSA.

ETL-SF was 23 when she started in role.
The youngest TL I've seen is our Electronics TL, 22.

My good friend from HS is a GSA at 19, and my also good friend was a starbucks TL at 19.

We had an 18 year old GSA who was amazing. Smart and quick learner. We have two GSA's in their 20's and they are good at their job when they are there. They have major attendance issues. Calling out, NCNS's and show up late. They party too much. The other two GSA's are in their 30's/40's, they are great, no attendance issues.

Me! I was 18 as a GSTL and now I am 21 and a senior in college and the Sr.CTL at my store.

We have an ETL Intern that is 19

That sounds about the norm. Its no secret ETLs are usually hired right out of college.

To be a TL at 18-20 is really impressive.

GSA you are not doing interviews or writing people up (Target officially doesnt consider it a supervisory position) so I could see a mature 18 year old handling it

Last edited:
I was promoted to GSA at 19. A lot of our cashiers were older as were both GSTLs, so it was a somewhat difficult adjustment. I had at least a few older ladies who refused to respect me, regardless of how cordial I was with them. I'd say it's definitely a challenge being a young leader, but doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back