Archived Your thoughts on a union?

Status
Not open for further replies.
me personally I am for unionization. it keeps businesses in check and provides security for the workers, are they perfect, hell no, but they certainly allow folks like us to make a half livable wage as opposed to what we see nowadays. and just in case spot sees this good luck finding me as plan on going ghost very soon

You should be allowed to choose for yourself. However, unions should be privately funded. If you want a union, you pay for it. You should get to choose if you want to be in a union or not.

I'm fine with anti union. I don't wanna pay someone else to talk for me. I love being able to talk to my stl or hr about any and all issues. I love the closeness my store has. I understand the pressure my store is up against, even though they wish they could do more.

When my etls can share exciting, private, personal things with me, it reassures me that I don't need a union and just love my target family.

I'm fine with anti union. I don't wanna pay someone else to talk for me. I love being able to talk to my stl or hr about any and all issues. I love the closeness my store has. I understand the pressure my store is up against, even though they wish they could do more.

When my etls can share exciting, private, personal things with me, it reassures me that I don't need a union and just love my target family.

Did you forget the sarcasm font?

I can tell you lots of storys of Safeway unions apple unions driveing trucks wrecking everything and still keep there job.
I can also tell you stories, that are based on facts where the CEO and his cronies bulked the company out of millions of dollars. Or you can check it out yourself, for one example, do an Internet search on Joe Nacchio. If it wasn't for the union, he would have lowered wages across the board, took our benefits, vacations, and our pension fund, just to name a few. As it was, even with him going to prison, the company had to pay him millions of dollars just to fire him. Oh please, oh please tell me again how well Spot is treating you,,,,How much did he pay to get rid of his last CEO?

Don't forget the recent Hostess debacle: even as the managers were demanding that the unions take further cuts, they were giving themselves outrageous bonuses that they refused to relinquish even as the company failed.
They then tried to blame it on the unions.

I disagree that unions are privately funded 100 percent. You know that they get money from politicians that are pro union.

I disagree that unions are privately funded 100 percent. You know that they get money from politicians that are pro union.

Got it backwards my friend.
The unions give money to the politicians who are pro-union.
That is the main reason Republicans want to wipe out unions, because at this point on the list of large donors to campaigns (and I'm talking BIG!) the only consistent one left on the Dems side who can turn out money and people to do the grunt work like door to door is the unions.
Destroy the unions and you destroy the left.
That's why people like Scott Walker are willing to alienate the entire damned state to hurt snow plow drivers, fire fighters and teachers.
He's in the pocket of the Koch brothers, with a plan to take down the unions.

I don't have it backwards. I may have misstated what I was trying to say but it's true. Unions give money to politicians to scratch their backs which usually results in money. The money comes from promises/deals that unions make with politicians. They will support politicians and then the politicians will fix the laws where it increases money for unions. Money is definitely involved.

I don't have it backwards. I may have misstated what I was trying to say but it's true. Unions give money to politicians to scratch their backs which usually results in money. The money comes from promises/deals that unions make with politicians. They will support politicians and then the politicians will fix the laws where it increases money for unions. Money is definitely involved.

Unions support politicians who will help keep them from being squashed, who will fight for the rights of the working man.
There just aren't enough of those any more.

I would LOVE to see a union come to Target, if for no other reason than to see all our ETLs and our STL have a major coronary! Target thinks it will NEVER happen to them. It would be amazing to see it slap them in the face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back