I'm Lost! Zone shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new to the board, and have been working at Target for about a month now. I only work hard lines, and so far, I really like it.

My question, though, is about my schedule next week. I have 2 "Zone" shifts. What exactly does this mean? Am i really just going to zone for 6 hours, and not push any cafs or reshop?

Thanks!

Zone shifts are placeholders. It could be for a project, working a certain area, or just normal zone/reshop work. Ask your TL.

Well that's good to know! I hope its not zoning for 6 hours, that would be boring. Thank you!

At my store, it's the other way around. The TMs that zone and work re-shop are scheduled under Hardlines.

Zone is generally used as a paper workcenter, as is Logistics Zone. My store uses Zone for the TMs that push CAFs (they are considered separate from the rest of hardlines).

It generally depends on the time of day your shift falls. If it's an evening shift you may find yourself doing go backs (reshop) and zoning for four or five hours of that. If it's midday then you'll likely be pushing CAFs to start with and doing a midday zone before the ERT comes in. If it's morning you may be involved in whatever projects are going on on the floor. But yes, ask your trainer if you're still training or the LOD on duty what they would like you to do. ;)

Thats interesting. In my store, TMs scheduled hardlines do CAFs, reshop, and zone depending on the time of day. Sometimes we are scheduled an area, sometimes not.

Thanks for the feedback, though! I finished my training a month ago, but i'll definitely ask my LOD when I go in.

Is your inventory coming up?
You could actually be doing some deep zoning in areas if that's the case.

Yup, varies store-to-store. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back