1.5x for Memorial and July 4th?

Cal

No one seems to know at my store. Are they still doing 1.5x holiday pay for Memorial and Independence? I assume it hasn't changed, but I just wanted to make sure.

TIA

No one seems to know at my store. Are they still doing 1.5x holiday pay for Memorial and Independence? I assume it hasn't changed, but I just wanted to make sure.

TIA
Yes, still time and half (1.5x) on those days if you work. If you are not working, you don't get holiday pay for Memorial and Independence.

Last edited:
I picked up another shift on Memorial Day knowing it would be 1.5X though Target never seems to share that info with anyone.

I have also noticed working on the actual holidays the stores are only busy until about 2 or so.

Do we get time and a half plus the $2 hazard pay for Memorial Day? That with my raise could be a real ghos check.

I think it's 1.5 on your regular pay rate and then the $2 is it's own sum.

But Target calculates it as separate line items.

So if your base was $13.25, it would be:
$13.25 x 8
$6.625 x 8
$2 x 8

Are you sure? You receive an extra dollar on your OT rate because of the $2 differential.

Regarding pay for holidays, I'm a TM and I've had 8 hours of time "worked" show up in myTime on holidays later in the week, meaning I hadn't worked them yet and still received pay as though I did.

Last edited:
Are you sure? You receive an extra dollar on your OT rate because of the $2 differential.

Regarding pay for holidays, I'm a TM and I've had 8 hours of time "worked" show up in myTime on holidays later in the week, meaning I hadn't worked them yet and still received pay as though I did.

TMs who have enough average hours to qualify get paid 8 hours each for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

TMs can earn the holiday pay as well, I think it just depends how many hours you average in the year. If it's full-time hours, you get the holiday pay, up to 8 hours for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. I am only a TM but have been paid for all of these holidays for years.

And, yes, the hazard pay gets factored in for time and a half. It shows up in your time and a half hourly wage on your paycheck, not with the hazard pay. Almost missed it when I had OT in March! But it was definitely there.

I may be wrong but i thought holiday premium was just on your base rate

You have to be a TL or higher to get paid for all holiday. Only full-time TM’s get paid for Thanksgiving and Christma.

Inaccurate. I am not a TL or higher and I DO get paid for all those holidays as long as I work either the day before, the day of, or the day after. I average full-time hours, always have.

Thanksgiving & Christmas are the only two paid DAYS OFF all eligible TMs receive regardless of what days you work that week.

Last edited:
To clarify: Target does not calculate the extra $2 in the time and a half or "Holiday Premium" calculation. "Holiday Premium" is 1.5x your Regular rate and will display as such on your pay stub. The extra $2 is calculated for all hours worked in a pay period, it is a separate line item. No matter what rate you worked the hours at, they qualify for the hazard pay, as long as they were worked hours.

TMs can earn the holiday pay as well, I think it just depends how many hours you average in the year. If it's full-time hours, you get the holiday pay, up to 8 hours for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. I am only a TM but have been paid for all of these holidays for years.
Ummm... interesting. Do you live in San Francisco? lol These are screenshots from the MN Time Off Guide for Non-Exempt TMs, but it says it applies to all stores unless noted.
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 4.39.09 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 4.40.50 AM.png

Ummm... interesting. Do you live in San Francisco? lol These are screenshots from the MN Time Off Guide for Non-Exempt TMs, but it says it applies to all stores unless noted.
View attachment 10489View attachment 10490

I am in MN. I am considered full-time and average well above 30 hours/wk. It does say that TMs who meet that criteria are eligible for holiday pay for Thanksgiving & Christmas after six months of service and then reassessed (well, technically this says "reassed" 🤣) after twelve months. To me, that sounds like there's some room to get holiday pay for the other holidays too. Not sure how they'd determine that though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am in MN. I am considered full-time and average well above 30 hours/wk. It does say that TMs who meet that criteria are eligible for holiday pay for Thanksgiving & Christmas after six months of service and then reassessed (well, technically this says "reassed" 🤣) after twelve months. To me, that sounds like there's some room to get holiday pay for the other holidays too. Not sure how they'd determine that though. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I believe the whole reassessed part is kinda like the other average hour required benefits, where if you’re eligible in the enrollment period, this case after six months of service, you receive it for a year, even if you go under the eligibility requirements. It’s possible the city you live in has an ordinance regarding paid holidays. Or maybe you’re secretly coded as a TL 😧

I believe the whole reassessed part is kinda like the other average hour required benefits, where if you’re eligible in the enrollment period, this case after six months of service, you receive it for a year, even if you go under the eligibility requirements. It’s possible the city you live in has an ordinance regarding paid holidays. Or maybe you’re secretly coded as a TL 😧

Yeah, but then I'd be getting paid hourly like one too and I'm not. 🤣

You have to be a TL or higher to get paid for all holidays whether you work them or not. Only full-time TM’s get paid for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Nope. Sorry I have worked basically full time for the last several years and gotten paid for every Monday holiday even though I don't work on Mondays. Average hours 39.4. I keep trying to roll that back but idiots can't get it done.

That’s great that your getting paid for it but unless your a TL your not supposed to. Someone must have keyed in an incorrect job code. my average is around 38 and I only get holiday pay for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Obviously time and a half is for everyon who works the day.

That’s great that your getting paid for it but unless your a TL your not supposed to. Someone must have keyed in an incorrect job code. my average is around 38 and I only get holiday pay for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Obviously time and a half is for everyon who works the day.
I only get Thanksgiving and Christmas also, but I've only been at Target for 2 years. Could TMs get additional paid holidays the longer you stay with Target?

Back