1for1 productivity

My store is broken into 3 sections to fill the 1for1 needs. I was wondering in a week how many DPCI’s or eaches y’all pull. What would you consider slow, a good pace, and fast? Also, if you have any tips on how to pull more that would be really helpful!

So we do 1for1s from 3-11pm and each team member is responsible for doing the 1for1s from the whole day for 4 sections. Do other stores not do it that way?

No, many stores have each DBO pull 141s for their own area. Depending on coverage a DBO may have to pull more than one area but if each area is keeping up with their 141s they shouldn't be very large day to day (unless it's market because those are always large).

I pulled batches for my usual DBO area plus Pets, Chems, Paper, and Stationery today (no truck for our store on Sundays so very few DBOs were scheduled). Wish I'd kept track of how long it took me. Definitely my own area (OTC & Personal Care) goes faster because I know where everything goes, plus I know how my back room area is set up. I can do a second pull just before the end of my shift, pulling maybe 40 DPCIs and pushing all of it in about 20 minutes. But most of my product is small so I can carry a lot in my hands and pop it in place while walking an aisle. I'm not dealing with lamps or folded clothing.
Paper took the longest to pull (lots of pallets up in the steel) but not that long to push. Stationery took a while to pull because that DBO back stocks very similar items in the same waco and I think that makes it harder to find the right thing.
One thing that really helps is if each DBO keeps their area in shape with floor counts. I hate it when I pull something, try to push it but it won't go out (yes, I check for dual location), and have to back stock it again. What a waste of time and effort. Almost everything went out today. Truth be told, my own area was the worst because my helper quit and I haven't had time to scan for outs and make sure my floor counts are accurate.
For some weird reason, the system wanted me to pull a huge quantity of decorated gift boxes - 3 of one and 9 of another when only 2 will fit on the floor. Made a guess and pulled only 1 of each which was the right move. The weird part is that the capacity was correct already and adding one each filled it.

Last edited:
We can get 300 pulled and pushed in 4 hours in food.

This is not a reasonable expectation. We have a very experienced team and an exceptionally organized back room. Also food goes a lot faster because the eaches are very small and you can fit 80+ eaches in one vehicle.

The goal is to pull 60% of all dpci needed, we have teams pulling all day and overnight as well.

We have dbos pull there own area. Then had closing experts pull at night. Rn sfs has been to crazy to do that but when dbos pulled at beginning and end of shift and closing experts at night we hit almost 100% every night. We dont do 1-4-1s now. We are in a priority fill test store. I dont like it. We havent been able to keep up with pulls as well and the backroom has been filling up. Its crazy because it seems like it should be less work but it has had the opposite effect in our store.

To answer your question though 50 dpcis is an easy goal in most areas. Some areas with bulk items might take a little longer overall. Some areas with small items can easily do 100.

DBOs do their own pulls at my store, unless a TL has nothing to do and does it for them. THAT doesn't happen often. I usually pull my after finishing my frieght. Closing experts pull the out of stocks and will then pull areas that have high 1 for 1s. It normally takes me around 30-45 minutes to pull. Depends what it is and how much I feel like zoning as I go along.

our Dry Market pulls are done by one person. the pulls can range from 300 to well north of 500 depending on his days off. I do believe the last hour or so is staged for the DBO's in the morning to push as all they do if freight and the occasional PoG

our Dry Market pulls are done by one person. the pulls can range from 300 to well north of 500 depending on his days off. I do believe the last hour or so is staged for the DBO's in the morning to push as all they do if freight and the occasional PoG
It is more efficient to have one TM pull and another push instead of starting and stopping. However at my store I think they don't like doing that because there are Three-Tiers everywhere and it looks "untidy".

As to the previous poster stating "The goal is to pull 60% of all dpci needed.." I have never heard of that being a goal even thought that makes sense.

Then again I think the whole DBO thing is pointless because some of the departments are small and that DBO isn't there everyday.

Last edited:
Goal for dpci % is 50% across the board, atleast in my group. my dry grocery tms can pull and push at no less than 60 DPCIs per hour or 300 eaches per hour, though most are actually pull/pushing close to 400. The DBOs work the same area 4-5 days a week and we have a well organized, caseless backroom which does help a ton. If this were an inquiry a year or two ago I would have said all of the above was impossible...

DBOs do their own pulls at my store, unless a TL has nothing to do and does it for them. THAT doesn't happen often. I usually pull my after finishing my frieght. Closing experts pull the out of stocks and will then pull areas that have high 1 for 1s. It normally takes me around 30-45 minutes to pull. Depends what it is and how much I feel like zoning as I go along.
I come in every morning and pull my 1for1 for my entire department. That way my team can get right to the truck and zone. I typically have 100 tasks and get them done in an hour and a half. I expect my team to pull them again before the end of their shift.

Ive been told 1 dpci pulled and pushed per minute, however that was at a target that was very demanding and only cared about numbers and not quality of work

Ive been told 1 dpci pulled and pushed per minute, however that was at a target that was very demanding and only cared about numbers and not quality of work
They , corpo drones, have not seen my stores marke/consumables/food and bev aisles then. If they had their eyes would bleed their brains torn asunder and reality would warp around them.

the market aisles at no good, brother Brian. They the no no aisles of the store. As in “no,no you can’t make me pull in those aisles“

there is some serious real warping in their to make 10 pounds of 💩 fit in a 1 pound sack.

The goal is to pull 60% of all dpci needed, we have teams pulling all day and overnight as well.
This is a big thing at my store now. Before we used to help push a lot more during the day so we don't leave a mess of pushcarts for closers and overnight. Now they are pushing us for that 60% benchmark because one horrible day we only pulled 34%. So now we have to take the focus off pushing and focus on pulling and backstocking. I mean shit I feel bad leaving a 300 pull of Frozen. 10-11 carts and a U-Boat or two. Our goal for my department in P-fresh is to pull at least twice, but we try to aim for 3 times. Dairy can climb to 400 on the weekends. Ultra-High Volume store here.

one horrible day we only pulled 34%

LOL. My entire store is at 28% year to date. We pretty much gave up two months ago. Peronsally, my backroom space is so inadequate for current frieght that I have to pull to get space to backstock, so I'm at 73%. I've pulled more DPCIs than any other DBO in the building this year, and i'm a low volume area this time of year.

Freaking out over a day at 34% amuses me.

90% OOS 60% OFO. Priority is out of stocks due to the item not being represented on the floor and then we go to the commodity areas. HBO chem pets babies and so on. You have to pull to make room and yes an organized backroom make life so much easier!!

Back