Archived 2.5 years down the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the e-mail today, and the lords of Spot have decided I'm not worthy to intern for them. I've given them 2 years, 8 months of my life. Always came in when called if I could. Rarely called out. Busted my tail because I really cared. My leadership at this store ensured me I'd do just fine at my interview with the DTL, and apparently I blew it. It could be my answers, or more likely, my appearance. I'm a little too "alternative" for Spot.

Today marks the day I throw in the towel. Spot no longer will receive the effort they once did from me. When I find alternative employment, I'll be gone. I have to apologize to my team mates and leaders, because I no longer give two flying f*cks about this company. Everywhere I go, the skies are clear blue and the stars align and I think I might be able to promote upward, and everywhere I go, a thunderstorm moves in.

It's been fun my red and khaki comrades, but my end is nearing.

I'm sorry to hear about this, artforoxygen. It would've been nice to have an intern who actually had some idea of what the hell they're doing. Then again, with your knowledge and work ethic, Target doesn't deserve you. You can do a lot better, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Being an existing TM looking for an internship is always hard. Usually Target wants new people they can manipulate and con into joining the company.

I myself worked for 9 years for Target. The first few were great. But because I had other opportunities in employment and passions, Target didn't want to use my abilities my last 3-4 years.

I feel you on this one. I worked at target for little over two years (09-2011) and had applied for the internship last semester .. interviewed with the recruiter who set me up with a srtl interview (not sure why srtl over the intern program...) did fine with the etl hr and stl interview went to district interview only to interview with two bp's bc the dtl was so busy.. the annoying part to me was that the bp's were starbucks and ap... and the srtl position was sales floor.. but yeah I got turned down for that... but I just started back at target since I have one more year in school I'll give it another go I guess after being back with spot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back