Archived 2 places at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a GSA they want me to be 2 places at once. How is if possible to watch the front, find a price, and get change all at the same time? I must be a magician.
If its possible please tell me I'm still trying to master this skill.

Speed weave? whatever that means...

You have to figure out what is important at the moment. Change calls? probably urgent. price check? maybe better handled by a person on the floor. If you are qualified to be a GSA, your first job will be to figure out how to decide.

Speed weaving? When you guide the guests to other registers to avoid long line at the lanes. So you don't have six guests in line at the first registers in the front and only one or two at the far registers in the rear.

My store is pretty High volume so between change and of course speed weaving and making sure back doesn't exist its pretty difficult especially since everyone thinks there issue is more important than the rest.

1. Manage any guest situations at guest service
2. Manage the line of guests at the lanes
3. Manage Break/lunch schedule
4. Get change

As a GSA they want me to be 2 places at once. How is if possible to watch the front, find a price, and get change all at the same time? I must be a magician.
If its possible please tell me I'm still trying to master this skill.

Don't forget get carts in the first three quarters if the year! (Without leaving the lanes, of course).

I shop at an ULV store as it's actually the one closest to my house and the GSA is always on a lane. If I did that at my high volume store i would quickly find myself being coached and i would be a terrible GSTL. You cannot be on a lane unless it's like 8-9am because you always have someone calling you. From 10am-9pm we do nothing except speedweave and help guests/cashiers.

I shop at an ULV store as it's actually the one closest to my house and the GSA is always on a lane. If I did that at my high volume store i would quickly find myself being coached and i would be a terrible GSTL. You cannot be on a lane unless it's like 8-9am because you always have someone calling you. From 10am-9pm we do nothing except speedweave and help guests/cashiers.

We are still having people always call us at the ULV stores, but we have no choice when it comes to backing up. You can either stand there like a moron calling for backup that never comes or you can relieve the line yourself. This entire time you've got a lane light flashing, your PDA buzzing and the LOD wondering why you haven't responded to the Food Ave call button.

The STL is very adamant about GSA/GSTLs on the registers... don't.
"If you have a line of guests at your register, how could you help any of your cashiers or guests if they need you?"

Use your radio & ask Salesfloor to ck the price.

This makes the assumption there is someone on the sales floor to call.

OP is in a high-volume store. If there isn't anyone on the floor to respond to back-up or do a price check, then there's a problem.

OP: Do you get double coverage at all? If no but a fellow GSA is scheduled to cash or at the service desk, have them help you if you can get them covered.

All i know is im in a A ranked store, and MULTIPLE times a day i hear the automated backup call on the Walkie, followed buy "Im allready on a register can anyone else come up to ring?" Half the time my STL, multiple ETL's, and the GSTL will be ringing during troubled times during the day...

If we are the only ones running the floor we cannot hop on unless a ETL cover the floor. If my Gstl is there then I hop on and no one really answer the walk even though we are high volume. Sometimes I dont even have equipment and I once had to run the floor by myself with no equipment just a key so my store gets really crazy. Most sundays we have all 30 registers open and if we get back up then we speed weave people to the newly open registers. The ETLs support us with back up and its not possible to help someone while you are on a register.

Our store must be very different than a lot of yours.. I almost always have double coverage for GSA/GSTL, i only have to call for a lot of backups if we are unusually busy or we have a lot of call outs.

I dont know but my store is pretty busy. Like most of you guys say your gsa also do guest service/cashier Im not allowed to do that. When I first got my position they gave me a shift on the salesfloor, so my STL and ETL had a fit that they put me on the sales floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back