Hiring 2 weeks after being contacted.

I have recently applied to target. I did my online interview. I got a call from HR asking for my availability. I did not expect to be waiting two weeks after having been asked my availability over the phone by the HR rep. So I can only assume that was not the job offer itself. My question is why have I essentially been entered into a second raffle on top of passing the interview? Why did they contact me in the first place if I wasn’t going to be hired? HR can’t give any definite answers. I have not been rejected but I am not getting anywhere seemingly. Thanks.

It was a full 2 months (at least) for my hiring process between applying, phone call, interview, email, then I had to wait extra long for orientation.

It's normal. If you weren't being considered anymore they'd have sent you that email. Call the ETL-HR again to follow up.

It was a full 2 months (at least) for my hiring process between applying, phone call, interview, email, then I had to wait extra long for orientation.

It's normal. If you weren't being considered anymore they'd have sent you that email. Call the ETL-HR again to follow up.
Ok. I was just wondering because I see for many people it was near instant hiring. I’ve contacted the HR rep several times. She is very nice. Wasn’t able to get a hold of her yesterday but I talked last week. I’m sure it will be fine.

They can only onboard so many tms at a time with the hours cut so probably not enough hours. It does sound stupid when they day it because obviously why hire if theres no hours. The etl may also just be slacking on pushing it through because they have a ton on their plate rn.

They can only onboard so many tms at a time with the hours cut so probably not enough hours. It does sound stupid when they day it because obviously why hire if theres no hours. The etl may also just be slacking on pushing it through because they have a ton on their plate rn.
Well, it is a full tile position. I thought I read I would even be expected to do some overtime? I could be wrong.

Back