Archived 4 ETL Interviews, no offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I recently interviewed 4 times for an ETL position. I was confident I performed well in the interviews, but I wasn't selected. I'm still very interested in working for Target, and am unsure of how to proceed. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated (in regards to what happened [hypothetically] or how to proceed etc). Thanks!

When you interview for the TL position let them know your goals are to promote within the company. Sometimes they will give you 18 months as a TL first to see if you can run a green workcenter, then promote you to an ETL.

Contact the recruiter and see if they can give you any feedback on how your interviews went and what you may need to improve on or do differently.

If interviewed four times, you must look good on paper. But if you haven't asked for feedback, you may be showing the same unsatisfactory qualities every time without even knowing it.

If you want to be an ETL, you have to wait 6 months after getting the rejection letter before applying again. The recruiter won't be able to give you any feedback, they don't give any externals feedback due to potential litigation issues.

There are so many reasons why you may not have been chosen, maybe they didn't think your leadership style was what target was looking for. I would look at other companies and see what you can get.

Thanks for your responses everybody. I spoke with the recruiter off the record and turns out the vacancy I applied for was never really open :[. I was told I am still being considered for stores in the LA area. Which is strange because I received the rejection email. Anyways, this has all been very confusing.

Thanks for your responses everybody. I spoke with the recruiter off the record and turns out the vacancy I applied for was never really open :[. I was told I am still being considered for stores in the LA area. Which is strange because I received the rejection email. Anyways, this has all been very confusing.
Welcome to the wonderful world of spot...unofficially. Lol.

Considering their less-than-professional treatment of an applicant, you might want to consider it a bullet dodged.

Is this standard fare when dealing with HR there? The recruiter was pretty apologetic off the books, and he did actually encourage me to go into the "holding tank" before I committed to apply for the phantom vacancy. I still want to work there, I have too much retail experience that would be wasted otherwise. Also those legendary 15% increases would be nice ;). That being said I'm really not sure what I could've done differently. While the recruiter wasn't that forthcoming with details, he hinted at the fact an intern was getting the job, and the interviews etc were rather for show. Of course he managed to say this as indirectly as humanly possible, which is perfectly understandable given the situation.

Is this standard fare when dealing with HR there? The recruiter was pretty apologetic off the books, and he did actually encourage me to go into the "holding tank" before I committed to apply for the phantom vacancy. I still want to work there, I have too much retail experience that would be wasted otherwise. Also those legendary 15% increases would be nice ;). That being said I'm really not sure what I could've done differently. While the recruiter wasn't that forthcoming with details, he hinted at the fact an intern was getting the job, and the interviews etc were rather for show. Of course he managed to say this as indirectly as humanly possible, which is perfectly understandable given the situation.

In Cali a recruiter must interview at least 3 people for a position. This is for equal employment opportunity. Seems like they already had someone in mind and they just used you to fill a quota. It sucks but it's legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back