Archived $55k day... and one cashier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me first say that my store has switched to MyTime, and this is probably the source of most of our problems.

Last night, I was the ONLY cashier scheduled between 5:30 and close (10). The cashier before me left as soon as I came in. Is this not ridiculous? I didn't go more than five minutes without hitting the additional cashiers button ALL NIGHT. Our GSA wasn't in until 7:30 for some reason and we only had two people actually available to respond, both of whom were also supposed to push all the CAFs and then zone the entire store. I've never seen our LOD appear to be so done with everything. I do NOT get paid enough for this.

Thank you for the nightmares of futures yet to come.

What do you mean your LOD was done ? Lol.

sounds like a nightmare.

A nearby store went to MyTime recently.
The first night, they discovered that they had no closers. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch.
Evidently who ever set up MyTime didn't realize this store closes at 11pm.

I want to know why there was no GSA until 7:30pm. Please tell me they aren't running without front end leadership now....

I'm just gonna hope there was a call-out. I can't even mentally process the implications otherwise right now.

I thought we were the only ones... It's no longer surprising when I (a guest service tm) am handed gstl keys and walkie and told "you're opening/closing by yourself call LOD if you need anything". I've only been doing guest services for about three weeks so it's been lots of fun

It has happened at my store, because upper mgt "forgets" to schedule enough folks to close the store, using the excuse of saving payroll hours.

Our store is switching to MyTime soon but I am still not completely sure what it all entails. They never really explained it. Why is it causing problems?

it has to do with guest trafiic and the hours have to fit exactly into the color grid provided...if we are talking about the same thing. it truly is a scary site.

I want to know why there was no GSA until 7:30pm. Please tell me they aren't running without front end leadership now....

I'm just gonna hope there was a call-out. I can't even mentally process the implications otherwise right now.
The GSTL i report/reported to can only work half days, so for some reason they just decided never to have mid-gsa coverage on weekends now. It's a hot f*cking mess. When I got in this afternoon I was welcomed by the lovely sight of having zero lane lights on, zero cashiers anywhere in sight, the FR/O on an express lane with a light off, and literally NOBODY else except the food ave person who was absolutely swamped. When I finished CO and got onto the floor, heads were rolling. The LOD and sales floor team lead were both annoyed because I called them out on not providing any support to a team who literally does not function without a GSTL/GSA. We didn't have any strong players in at the time, either. God only knows what happened during those 4 hours with no coverage.

Last edited:
So I was looking through the launch guide and it said that TLs will be on set schedules outside of the workcenters and that their workload won't be accounted for in sales floor hours, Backroom hours etc. how does this work out in reality?

The issue is most likely the imported data from MAX. When MAX is out and you are waiting on MyTime most stores were encouraged to let it work for them by keeping all TM availabilities up to date (times, max hours, and max hours per shift) and their workcenters (primaries and secondaries). You were to keep set schedules to a minimum and make sure TL sets were pulling correctly. If an area is not pulling as fully staffed (so the GSA example) you need to review staffing for that department (so either cross-training, promoting, or hiring) so that it does pull on its own correctly. If cashiers are not fully staffed (so pulling at least 95% filled) after you have keyed all TMs as secondaries in cashier, you need to hire. You also need to review the minimum staffing requirements per area. So for example, needing at least 1 closer in all areas (or Photo from 12-5 is 1). If you want two closers you can override it to 2 till close. If you can accomplish this in MAX, your transition to MyTime would go smoothly.

It is not MyTime, it is simply the inability of the leaders to implement change. Secondly, it is the inflexibility of the team sometimes. If your TMs "refuse" to cashier as secondaries, but you have to hire cashiers who are willing to do salesfloor, they are inherently cutting their own hours by forcing the store to hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back