A blast from the past

I think I bought the Rag & Bone shot glasses on clearance but that was it with that collection.

Let me rewrite that ad copy.
Need horrifically overpriced crap with hipster designer labels to impress people who’s opinions you shouldn’t bother with? Check this out.
Pardon the snark. At the time I was sharing a car and existing on ramen noodles. That which does not kill us makes us stronger repeat.... *happy ending*

Last edited:
I did like the glasses and shaker when I first saw them online but I think they were actually plastic instead of glass and for that price... NO!

...or maybe they were actually glass but they looked very cheap for the price.

Last edited:
What year was this? I vaguely remember seeing a few of these things at my store.

Like most of these designer collabs, it's hit and miss. The Lela Rose dress is beautiful, as is the bright pink Marchesa girls' dress. (Marchesa, oof). The Rag & Bone shot glasses are cool. The Judith Leiber mirrors are pretty but way overpriced.

I usually like most of Jason Wu's stuff. The ornaments and girls' dresses are pretty. I LOVE my JW black cat tote that I got from the recent reboot collection. And I already have the Oscar De la Renta tote from this one saved to my watchlist on Ebay - tons of them on there, some under 20 bucks.

What can I say, I'm a shopper. :D

What year was this? I vaguely remember seeing a few of these things at my store.

Like most of these designer collabs, it's hit and miss. The Lela Rose dress is beautiful, as is the bright pink Marchesa girls' dress. (Marchesa, oof). The Rag & Bone shot glasses are cool. The Judith Leiber mirrors are pretty but way overpriced.

I usually like most of Jason Wu's stuff. The ornaments and girls' dresses are pretty. I LOVE my JW black cat tote that I got from the recent reboot collection. And I already have the Oscar De la Renta tote from this one saved to my watchlist on Ebay - tons of them on there, some under 20 bucks.

What can I say, I'm a shopper. :D

Winter of 2012 is when this collection hit stores. It was kind of like the first taste of amp gifting now that I think about it.

We had a crap done leftover. I didn't buy a thing, which is very unusual. The only thing I thought about was the bike.

Why did Target and Neiman Marcus "donate" $1 million to the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA)? Weren't the 24 designers paid for their services? Is the CFDA like a charity food bank for fashion designers who are between gigs?

Last edited:
I bought the Oscar de la Renta tote for my sister when it went clearance. The biggest problem with this partnership was too many things were produced. Limited numbers is what sells in my area.

We had two of the hideous bikes. One couldn’t sell at 75% off and the other was literally petaled out the door (stolen). I’m not sure if I actually cared though.

Does anyone remember the umbrella stand? Edit - that was Lilly.

Why did Target and Neiman Marcus "donate" $1 million to the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA)? Weren't the 24 designers paid for their services? Is the CFDA like a charity food bank for fashion designers who are between gigs?

I was genuinely curious after you mentioned it, it was a Target scholarship program. At the time, Target was heavily promoting their giving back to schools incentive, so it was probably a easy check to write.

CFDA Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program was created to award annual merit-based scholarship grants to students who study in a four-year, full-time college level design program. It has awarded $1,399,250 to students.[25] The Geoffrey Beene Design Scholarship Award, the Liz Claiborne Design Scholarship Award, and the CFDA/Teen Vogue Scholarship Award in partnership with Target selected scholars from one of the CFDA's 20 participating design schools and donated $25,000 towards tuition and educational expenses. The awards are based solely on merit and judged by a panel of industry experts.

Back