Archived A handful of questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone. I am a cashier who was hired seasonally.
I have a few questions:
1 - Am I being kept? I was told that those hired seasonally tend to be let go the first full week of January. I'm continuing to be scheduled and I had a successful availability change request processed - yet no one has said anything to me. I also had to call in due to being very, very sick(more than once), and my conversion score is low. I don't understand... I thought they only kept the "good" ones.
2 - There is a really, really rude GSA that I can't stand, and I HATE having to ask her for anything. I remember my drawer being out of either fives or tens(possibly both, it's happened before) and I asked her if she could put more in, and she said "You have your ones until I get to it." The store was practically empty at the time. I have had my drawer so empty I couldn't give proper change the past few times she was there - which resulted in me getting her over to my checklane anyway so I could give the guests their money. She also will wait until the absolute last minute to give breaks, or it will take her leaving and an actual GSTL coming in to give me my break. It also usually takes a GSTL coming in for a change request to be filled in a reasonable amount of time.
3 - There is a GSTL who honestly believes that guests counting change doesn't affect your register score if you press total. I tried to explain...was I in the wrong for trying to get that across to her?

Sorry for whining. :(

You can always ask if you're being kept on, usually the leaders will pull you aside and tell you. Most likely you are if you're still in the schedule and had an avalibality request approved. Also if you're over the 90 days, it's a yes. That's the probation time/ seasonal time.
Partner with youre leader about this GSA. Being a GSA it does get stressful at times but we need to be accountable to make sure you're register has change in it.
And yes the second you scan something until the recipes prints is you're speed. Maybe lay low on challenging a leader for a little bit but ask another leader in the building to clarify.

Also that little button "help" will get you're gstl attention, and a blinking light ;) as long as they are wearing there pda or mydevice. you can use that to alert them if something is going on.

No way I'd tell a cashier "You've got your singles to use till I get to it".

I tend to hit K3 religiously every 10-15 minutes, and if a cashier lets me know they need change I get it for them as soon as I am able to do so.

As for speed score, it's not that you're wrong, it's that it doesn't matter that you're right. Speed score is unimportant and not something any GSTL is likely to ever give a damn about.

On the Cashier Side, I believe it does effect your score even if you total the order. So I always just suspend the order if the guest is taking long to count their money. I also ask the guest how they will be paying while I'm ringing them up. If by Credit Card, I encourage them to swipe before I hit total (but not to sign b/c if theres an issue it can be fixed). At the Service Desk, they don't score you on speed.

Hello, everyone. I am a cashier who was hired seasonally.
I have a few questions:
1 - Am I being kept? I was told that those hired seasonally tend to be let go the first full week of January. I'm continuing to be scheduled and I had a successful availability change request processed - yet no one has said anything to me. I also had to call in due to being very, very sick(more than once), and my conversion score is low. I don't understand... I thought they only kept the "good" ones.
2 - There is a really, really rude GSA that I can't stand, and I HATE having to ask her for anything. I remember my drawer being out of either fives or tens(possibly both, it's happened before) and I asked her if she could put more in, and she said "You have your ones until I get to it." The store was practically empty at the time. I have had my drawer so empty I couldn't give proper change the past few times she was there - which resulted in me getting her over to my checklane anyway so I could give the guests their money. She also will wait until the absolute last minute to give breaks, or it will take her leaving and an actual GSTL coming in to give me my break. It also usually takes a GSTL coming in for a change request to be filled in a reasonable amount of time.
3 - There is a GSTL who honestly believes that guests counting change doesn't affect your register score if you press total. I tried to explain...was I in the wrong for trying to get that across to her?

Sorry for whining. :(
Just check with your ETL or HR on your seasonal status.

If a GSTL/GSA is refusing or ultra slow on getting change in proper time, just keep punching in the change call request. They are scored on how fast they are with change requests. If you are out of useable money, I would refuse to take any more guests and start waving phoning the GSTL.

Slow tenure transactions. Counting change or waiting on writing checks. I would suspend the transaction if its lengthy. But before you suspend, just positively encourage guests to have their payment ready at the beginning.

Ha if my GSA ever did that I'd be talking to the HR ETL! That's insane!

And like everyone else said suspend :)

]Slow tenure transactions. Counting change or waiting on writing checks. I would suspend the transaction if its lengthy. But before you suspend, just positively encourage guests to have their payment ready at the beginning.

At my store at least we are not to suspend because the guest is slow on payment. Sometimes unfortunately you have to take a hit. One shift I had like a 60% speed score because it seemed like every other guest was either a) slow on payment or b) there was an issue like a price check i had to wait on.

try not to suspend to much, because 1 AP will get suspicious ( they have to investigate suspended transactions) and 2 it can get lost on the server. there is nothing like re-ringing a 100+ item order for a aggravated guest.

Your GSA sounds like one we used to have. She was horrible. Cashiers were treated like dirt and didn't get brakes most of the time. She was the slowest, most hateful person and we were so glad when she left. I just found out she's coming back! Ugggggg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back