Archived a question for people who know reverse logistics

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is if I pull something like candy or other dry grocery/produce items from the backroom locations using the "damaged/outdated" reason do I have to qmos it or is it already damaged out by pulling it using the "damaged/outdated" option?

The reason I am asking is the other day I pulled about a dozen and a half bags of expired chocolate candies(my store has a constant issue of stuff candy/and other snacks and baking ingredients like marshmallows being sent out off the backroom and pushed already outdated) from the backroom the other day and I asked my TL this question since I don't pull items very often and the TL said that they didn't know the answer to the question and for that reason always pull it as a guest request and then qmos'/damages it out when they ran into the issue and told me to just qmos the it just to be sure.(sorry for the poor grammar in that sentence but I am trying not to give any details about myself or the situation that could identify me in-case someone from my store reads these forums and reads some of my other posts which criticize some of the management staff at my store)

You should pull it as damaged and then qmos it as stated above. If you pull it from the back using damaged/outdated that simply tells the system to not subtract that amount from the accumulator. If you pull as guest request it thinks you are filling the floor (even if you qmos it right afterward), which could cause product from the truck to come straight to backstock when it is needed on the floor and the system will not pull at the right time because it thinks you have more on the floor than you actually do.

You should pull it as damaged and then qmos it as stated above. If you pull it from the back using damaged/outdated that simply tells the system to not subtract that amount from the accumulator. If you pull as guest request it thinks you are filling the floor (even if you qmos it right afterward), which could cause product from the truck to come straight to backstock when it is needed on the floor and the system will not pull at the right time because it thinks you have more on the floor than you actually do.

Does QMOS/defecting not trigger the accumulator?

Because if you are pulling it from the back room because it is old, then there is nothing to pull to the salesfloor so nothing would trigger the accumulator. If it thinks the salesfloor needs to be filled (because you told it the product was pulled from there) then it will trigger the accumulator.

Correct?

Because if you are pulling it from the back room because it is old, then there is nothing to pull to the salesfloor so nothing would trigger the accumulator. If it thinks the salesfloor needs to be filled (because you told it the product was pulled from there) then it will trigger the accumulator.

Correct?

If I understand mspk's post correctly, yes. I was not previously aware that QMOS had a backroom option.

Going back to what the OP asked........all pulling does is remove the item from the backroom location. Choosing guest request or damage/outdated only affects whether or not the pull will trigger the accumulator; it doesn't actually charge out the item - that's what QMOS is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back