Archived A Successful Shift

Did you accomplish anything in your previous shift?

• Yes

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • It's complicated

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hardlinesmaster payroll or not, you still have to have SOMETHING as to feel accomplished by the end of the day. Trained someone, created something, communicated something to someone as to help the store, SOMETHING. @HardlinesGuy, @Hardlines 4, anyone from AP, what do you all consider a successful shift. @Kartman, @Cart king, all cart attendants, what do you all consider successful. @HRZone, a successful HR day goes..... I've been with Spot for seems like forever and ever since I joined Breakroom, realized theirs more than just "MY Area" Just learning something new and hope to teach others who view this thread as well. Thanks for everyone who posts!!

Well.. my vote was "It's Complicated" so I'll let you interpret that as you will.

For me a succesful shift has 2 key factos.
  1. Not getting shot, stabbed, or otherwise killed.
  2. Not ending up on YouTube/Facebook Live/WorldStar.
Beyond that, a successful AP day for me can be anything from making a merchandise recovery to making a child smile at the lanes. Every AP day has the potential for something new and unexpected. Sure, it's usually the same mundane stuff, but there's always something going on.

Of course merchandise cases are at the top of the list, but the list is long. Be it getting any kind of case, theft related or not, catching up on merch protection, being able to help in an "emergency" situation, reuniting mom and child during Code Yellow, helping my team when they need guidance, buying a homeless man new clothes and some food, or simply knowing that I was able to help someone feel safe when they needed help, lots of things equate to a good day for me.

Last edited:
A successful shift for me is when my Team has time to take their merchandising to the next level..... creative mannequin styling, smart fixture placement, strong color-story, perfect zoning. They are so proud of what they've accomplished, that they can't wait to show me the finished product. I enjoy seeing their happiness..... it, in turn, makes me happy! I'll call the SL ETL or STL over to share in the "win". But.....the best part is when our Guests really respond to the new merchandising and purchase their next outfit(s) because of my Team's hard work !

Reactions: Him
For me it's getting all my task done by the end of the day. In HR there are a lot of fires I can put out and when I am doing my job best the team has no idea there were any issues.

A) Callouts covered
B) Team informed of changes/news
C) Reports out for team to see
D) outgoing mail to ups
E) incoming mail to the appropriate people
F) clean breakroom
G) food for the team
H) a personal connection with at least one remember. Asking how their son, daughter, mother is doing etc.
I) make sure no one hits overtime
F) see the good in the company despite all my frustrations.

A successful shift for me was when you got to make someone laugh. Haven't worked at Target for a few months now and I still have people come up to me and thank me. Honestly a successful shift is whatever you make of it

Electronics: Getting more than 10 REDcards in a day was pretty thrilling. That was back in 2008 when it was considerably easier.
Salesfloor: Getting kudos from a TL/ETL for busting ass and being a standout TM
POG: Doing a really intricate set by yourself and walking away from a perfect aisle or two by 8:00. (it never lasts very long!)
Signing: Getting the entire week's worth of work done in a day AND getting time to organize the storage area. Or finally cleaning the fixture room though that usually stretched beyond a single shift.
Logistics TL: The shift I finally understood why Instocks TMs were actually important, and subsequently why it sucked that I had shit for hours to schedule them.
Working alongside my closer to finally come clean after two weeks of being swamped with backstock.
Successfully working with the POG TL and Flow TL to palletize and stage transition merch in a sane way.
Writing a scathing last email to my shithead STL on the day I left and accidentally CC'ing the entire store. I should post that hahaha

Softlines Day: Getting the truck done in a timely manner and possibly even coming clean on reshop for the night time. Getting any tasks I'm assigned done successfully with time to spare.
Softlines/Hardlines Closing: Getting my zone done in a timely manner and having time to work out reshop.
Fitting room: Not too many phone calls or crazy/rude guests, having everything sorted, and even time to push some of the reshop.
Price change: Getting all of the day's workload done and having to activate very little, and even being able to get a jump start on the next day!
Plano: Finding the label strips and having the product needed to fill in the new set as well as no issues with finding shelves/any needed supplies.
SFS: Enough picking and packing to keep busy without being overwhelmed or having nothing to do and having to go push CAFs or truck.
Instocks: Time to finish RIGS and research everything I've been asked to plus pull and push my batches.
Cashier: No crazy/rude guests and maybe a red card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back