Archived A Successful Shift

Did you accomplish anything in your previous shift?

• Yes

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • It's complicated

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Just like the thread says, I want to hear all the success stories from All Workcenters, Leaders, TM's. If you work for Spot, whether it had been a week or 15 years, I want to know what you consider a "Good Day/Night". What I consider a great shift is when I get all my Autofills done well before a goal time. I come clean with Zero backstock left in the stockroom I'm assigned to. I pull some EXF's for the salesfloor as to empty areas they might have. I do a Empty Locatin report in a badly hit area for location accuracy to improve. I print out some labels for anywhere in our Backrooms. If the cleaning crew can come through your Backrooms at the end of your shift and assist with the brand, it was a very successful shift. Those are my success accomplishments. What are yours.?

Organized all the hangers and size tabs today! Also got defectives done. Fitting Room wasn't as busy today so actually had time to do stuff. Pricing team was marking down in RTW all day so I didn't have to zone clearance 5 million times today

Reactions: Him
For cashiering - 2+ REDCards, few guest issues requiring GSTL/AP to be called
For fitting room - No need for AP/LOD calls/ no sketchy guests/a steady flow of traffic that can be easily dealt with, maybe a digital sale or two, fitting room hourly checks thoroughly completed, and go-backs sorted. If I’m closing, being done with repacks/shoe defects as well as zones is ideal so that the opening operator just has to maintain the FR and it’s not overwhelming. And not messing up closing announcements lol
For Softlines pricing workload - all areas scanned and maybe even zoned a bit. No items needing info left on the floor, all go-backs, salvage sorted and set away. Backroom completely scanned for missed clearance using the WAVE.
For Softlines closing sales floor - maybe a digital sale or two or REDCard whilst back up cashiering. All go-backs done by 30-15 minutes to close, and all zones done well by meal time.

I didn't quit today.

200.gif

Last edited:
Having needed equipment and that they work. No cranky guests, no fraud guests, GS closing jobs completed on-time. STS/Flexi's are accurate and sellable, hardlines sorts their own reshop, only one average box of salvage and not 3 or 4 that I have had lately, CRC is accurate. Big one, there isn't a mess when I start work.

A successful cashier shift to me is keeping my line short, resolving any issues without needing the GSTL, and having enough time between guests to keep my lane clear of reshop/hangers left on the vending machine

My backroom hasn't had a "successful" shift ever since this end to end started. No hours for flow so pallets left over from previous truck, so constant push in the back makes it look like a wreck, add in zracks and softlines crap everywhere, market team never finishing their backstock. Makes a successful shift impossible.

Successful would be backroom clean, research pulled, gun cleared of everything, and having some extra time to shoot batches to pull. I don't see that happening anytime soon in the current state

Usually a closer, finished the whole electronics, toys, luggage, seasonal zone about 1+ hour earlier this past saturday including reshop. Brought out a bunch of fidget spinners, fidget cubes and reorganized the Electronics Counter.

Just a general successful electronics close (the most difficult zone is the store, what i consider) for me:

-1 "PMR" for myself, a sketchy subject that steals that AP did not know about first
-Finish 1-2 hours early
-Have an amazing zone

I always considered you all the Breakroom Vets
Haha, I've not even been with spot for a full year and I come off as a veteran? I'm honored :D.
As the main closer in electronics, I consider a successful shift keeping my zone clean till the final closing announcement so that the opener can come into a clean work space and get what needs to be done without needing to worry about touching up or doing their own zone. I also consider a shift successful if I'm able to help the majority of guests that come to me or vice versa find whatever items they need, or refer them to the right stores that do.

Whenever I'm hardlines it's much of the same thing honestly. Making sure my areas I zone are kept spic and span for the entirety of the night, making sure the pulls are finished and that every guest gets the help they need so they go home thinking that they want to keep coming back to my store.

For Starbucks: it's leaving the closer with a walk-in full of milk, juices/refreshers filled, cups/lids/sleeves/straws stocked, full assortment of pastries/sandwiches pulled for next day, tea/iced coffee pitchers prepped & dated, back shelves filled with syrups/coffees/inclusions.
For Cafe: next day's pizza/breadstick dough is prepped & in the retarder, paper goods stocked, hotdogs & buns pulled & thawing in the walk-in, front coolers filled & zoned, pasta sauces pulled to thaw.

I'm glad I kicked that shit to the curb.

As the main closer in electronics, I consider a successful shift keeping my zone clean till the final closing announcement so that the opener can come into a clean work space and get what needs to be done without needing to worry about touching up or doing their own zone.
Please be my new closer my team is awful and as the new perma opener until further notice I need a good closer

Please be my new closer my team is awful and as the new perma opener until further notice I need a good closer
Move me out to the coast and I gladly will, I need an actually adept HL and SL team.

Move me out to the coast and I gladly will, I need an actually adept HL and SL team.
damn nvm stay where you are all you can get here is a stupidly high amount of hot girls and me (competent electronics) and about 2 or 3 competent tls and etls

@Rock Lobster, @Formina Sage, @commiecorvus, @PaleIrishmen, @BackroomAlpha, @TallAPGuy, @qmosqueen, I always considered you all the Breakroom Vets. What do you consider a successful shift? Feel free to Tag more people please. I want everyone to take something from this thread as they can see what works, what doesn't work, and how to deal with any situation should they encounter one. Thanks Breakroom peeps!! ;)
I guess I don't count. End to end does not work with no payroll or staff.

@Hardlinesmaster I honestly tried to include you in the previous quote but wouldn't highlight until now.. so sorry for that

a successful market shift for me is when all of our C&S pallets are backstocked and the coolers look clean. (we get C&S Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so we have about 8 hours to stock the floor, backstock everything, and clear the coolers.)

I work overnight flow...go in at 10. My idea of a successful shift is:
Getting the truck unloaded by 12:00am
Everything balled out into the aisle by 1am(half hour break at 12am)
At least halfway done by lunch which is 2:30am.
Done with pallets by 4:30am
Done with pulls by 5:45am
Everything cleaned up, all pallets, tubs and flats to the back, carts to the front. Clock out at 6am.

But Be it call outs, double trucks, merchandise not in correct place, over aggressive and anal leadership which makes me want to do less, or back pain...it rarely happens that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back