Archived A Witness report and a slipped guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a guest who slipped on the floor and I was back up at the time of the incident , then they asked me some questions about the incident that I did not witness! , then I signed a paper and was told to write that I was back up before and after the accident which I already did, then I signed it so am I in trouble now ? will it be on my record or something or that's just a witness form and why did they choose me to be the witness why not someone else ?

You should be fine. It's just matter of course for the company to document who was where and who saw what in the event of an injury. As long as you didn't push the guest, you'll probably forget about it and never hear about it again.

Only once have I ever been contacted about a guest incident I filled out and it was an audit by them to make sure the incident was handled correctly. You're fine!

We're required to have statements from team members in the area, even if they didn't see anything. It's Target just trying to cover their asses. The only way you can get in "trouble" is if you lie on the report, or contributed in some way to the guest injury.

Thx guys for the responses, I was worried about that

They questioned me about a guest slip and fall a couple of months after it happened. They were super disappointed that I didn't see anything, but it was the truth...so it was fine. Just tell them what you know/remember and leave the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back