Stores not permitting guests 18 and under without adult supervision

This past weekend was rough. Lots of groups of kids because of the 3 day weekend messing everything up. There's snow and ice today, so hopefully it's quiet, but it also cancelled schools.

Don't the store employees regardless of title and job description say anything to these assholes?
Once, at my store.
Guest's dog had taken a crap & was asked to pick up after their dog.
ETL ended up getting called over while Karen was raising hell about her 'condition' & her ESA mutt.
We were advised to call leadership next time instead of saying anything.
Fat lot of good it did when a lady & her ESA St. Bernard came thru SB knocking over chairs. I called for an ETL & got crickets instead.

Don't the store employees regardless of title and job description say anything to these assholes?
We have on multiple occasions kicked out groups of trouble making teens but it doesn't help. I think the only thing that will stop it will be putting some of these kids in the back of a squad car and charging them for the theft and vandalism we know they are guilty of.

When rowdy teens enter my department and linger for more than a minute I go over and zone nearby, and if they start acting up they get the stare. That usually does the trick and they will head down to Tech or Toys.

If they are really wreaking havoc it's time to call AP and they will kick them out.

The Hippocratic Oath is basically the only binding doctrine of certainty when it comes to serving others. Everything else in life is ok we'll work together, with you and/or for you and the flip side is go fuck off.

A business has the legal right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. There are underlying consequences they may have to face but the fact remains is they owe nothing to anyone.
Not true. It is illegal to refuse service to protected classes based solely on their race, ethnicity, national origin, or sex.

A group of kids came in today asking if we had skateboards. I told them we sell them, but they can't ride on them, and made it clear they would be kicked out if they do and that it's their only warning.

We actually didn't have skateboards, but they found the bikes and started riding on those. They were kicked out.

Last edited:
A group of kids came in today asking if we had skateboards. I told them we sell them, but they can't ride on them, and made it clear they would be kicked out if they do and they it's their only warning.

We actually didn't have skateboards, but they found the bikes and started riding on those. They were kicked out.
Thank god my store doesn't have bikes- we just get kids that try playing "basketball" with the display balls and/or try running out with them. Somehow every time they just drop the ball on accident and don't even try to retrieve it, so honestly what a fail-

A group of kids came in today asking if we had skateboards. I told them we sell them, but they can't ride on them, and made it clear they would be kicked out if they do and they it's their only warning.

They didnt try " you never said we cant ride bikes"?

They sound like they need something to do and the parents need to contribute to their activities. We had something called "TeenArena" at my high school. Activities in the gym, weekends. Teachers volunteered their time. Basketball, ping pong, volleyball, rope climbing, light gymnastics etc. Snacks were provided. It was a lot of fun, kept us out of trouble. Early to mid '60s in semi rural New York State. No screens, no TV, we had dial phones at home and some homes had a party line. Good times.

I caught a couple kids trying to open a Gel Blaster. One of them had the spider wrap in their hand. I asked "why did you take that security thing off?" They said it was already like that. I told them we could look at the cameras and find out very easily. They left quickly after I told them that.
It would have been funny if they got the spider wrap on their hand and couldn't get it off.

There is a kind regular at my store that shops with her service dog. She has adeptly expressed/explained to me that dogs that are NOT true service animals in some cases can be a distraction and disruption to a working service animal and thusly put the owner in danger. She is right.
I have no trouble calmly telling guests with their pseudo service animals that they are not allowed. I have a picture of the sign on from our door saved in my phone for the most special of those occasions or a fuzzy furry baby butt in a cart that I may later have my groceries or clothing purchases in.

I am Dog a mom of two

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
There is a kind regular at my store that shops with her service dog. She has adeptly expressed/explained to me that dogs that are NOT true service animals in some cases can be a distraction and disruption to a working service animal and thusly put the owner in danger. She is right.
I have no trouble calmly telling guests with their pseudo service animals that they are not allowed. I have a picture of the sign on from our door saved in my phone for the most special of those occasions or a fuzzy furry baby butt in a cart that I may later have my groceries or clothing purchases in.

I am Dog a mom of two
We have the same sign outside our door. The only problem is that our store has 3 entry points, and the sign is only at one of them.

It always seems to be "bring your pet to Target day".
Twice I had to tell guests holding dogs to step back from my food counter; one even tried to set her little yapper on our hand-off counter before I protested LOUDLY.
It baffles me that the pet owners who do this don't get how it's not okay. My dog is allowed free access to the whole house, including the kitchen. When I drop something like a piece of toast (hopefully still unbuttered) on the floor, I pick it up and still eat it. But that's MY food that was dropped on MY floor and not eaten by MY dog.
When I'm having lunch in the break room and something flips out of my food container onto the table, I throw it out. I have no idea who ate at that spot last or how recently the table might have been cleaned. Doesn't even have to make it all the way to the floor.
If I knew that some stranger had put their "little yapper," as you say, on the food counter in any kind of food service establishment like a Starbucks or a grocery store where I was a customer? Ew, yuk. I'd be complaining loud and long to management.

Back