Archived aar question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punch Correction

Guest Manipulator
So this annoying thing happened:

A guest came in to buy something. He refused all the attachments that I pitched to him at first. Once the sale was complete for his item, he changed his mind and bought an accessory after the fact from me. Is there a way next time that happens to open that first receipt up and add the attachment to it and if so will it count towards Aar?

Not sure how your store tracks AAR, at ours it's really just a handwritten binder that gets communicated over the walkie to the LOD at close (and whenever an update is asked for) - I would probably just edit the binder to show an attachment.

The attachment and the core item have to be on the same receipt.
There's no way to add it to a previous purchased core item, unless it's a Service Plan.

AAR is tracked through the handwritten sheets used in stores and the weekly report on workbench.
Your electronics TL or hardlines ETL will most likely notice if you lie on the binder.
Looking great on the binder and being red on the workbench report will draw attention.

Technically, there is a way to do it, but I do NOT recommend doing this unless they paid cash. If they paid by card, their card will have two pending charges on it and it may take a couple of days for the first one to drop off (especially problematic with a debit card).

-scan the receipt
-go to fix a mistake
-go to wrong payment
-it will ask you if you are sure you want to do this as the card may be charged twice, etc. hit yes.
This voids the last payment. The transaction is now open to allow for more items to be rung up before you redo the payment. But if it's a credit/debit card, you need to give back the slip to the guest showing that you voided the first amount, when they wonder why they are being asked to pay twice.

So in short, it can be done, but I would just recommend not doing it and sucking up the loss of the attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back