Archived ABC: Target Reports Declining Revenue in First Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuts this month have been massive in our district...more than I'm used to seeing. They slashed something like 200 hours this month.

I'm sure it still depends entirely on location. Sales may be down overall, but store like mine are doing well. One week hours will be down, and then they'll be up again for a few weeks.

Our sales are miserable right now. Our hours are more or less normal right now, but we're certain that soon enough we'll be seeing wild cuts.

Our sales are up, but hours are getting cut. Deep. One closer has been taken off the schedule entirely.

Surprisingly enough (And luckily..) our store isn't as bad as it was this time last year. Despite the bathroom issues and new rival stores opening around us, our store is doing considerably well I think.

But what do I know?

sales are up at our store but still cutting hours. I guess to make up for this decline.

Target Reports Declining Revenue in First Quarter

What does this mean to us? Can they possibly cut even more than what currently is right now? My store was actually worse last year, i would only work 12 or 15 hours a week.
That article is pretty misleading. Sales are actually UP, just not up by as much as predicted due to slower retail spending in general. Target is still doing better than its competitors.

And what do you think of this article I saw whilst cruising the FB wasteland? It has to be a hoax because Bullseye's Playground is currently full of the good ole red, white and blue and the supposed leaked memo doesn't even have the CEO name spelled right. So...?

Target to Discontinue Sales of the American Flag

Has anyone ever specifically asked their leadership why their hours are being cut if your store's sales are fine considering the fact they always seem to say if we sell more it will result in more hours? I've never believed them when they say that especially because they keep hiring causing hours to shift, but I am curious to know what their answer would be. I'm guessing they have a scripted answer they are supposed to say. I just think it would be awesome if someone during huddle was like "you said at the beginning of huddle that we have met or bet sales recently, but now your saying that hours will be cut; does that mean better sales don't result in more hours like you've always told us?"

And what do you think of this article I saw whilst cruising the FB wasteland? It has to be a hoax because Bullseye's Playground is currently full of the good ole red, white and blue and the supposed leaked memo doesn't even have the CEO name spelled right. So...?

Target to Discontinue Sales of the American Flag

At the bottom of the article it says -- The post Target to Discontinue Sales of the American Flag appeared first on National Report.
The National Report has this disclaimer on their site -- All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental.
I'm unsure if Conservative Frontline is satire or not. It's sometimes hard to tell.

They cut hours pretty hard at our store. There's even a few tms that have ONE hour on the new schedule.. And they keep sending people home early

At the bottom of the article it says -- The post Target to Discontinue Sales of the American Flag appeared first on National Report.
The National Report has this disclaimer on their site -- All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental.
I'm unsure if Conservative Frontline is satire or not. It's sometimes hard to tell.

But the amount of people taking it as truth is ridiculous.

Has anyone ever specifically asked their leadership why their hours are being cut if your store's sales are fine considering the fact they always seem to say if we sell more it will result in more hours?
If you're well-liked, they kind of cringe and tell you that we'll see the rise in hours next year because hours are based on the previous year's sales.

Sales are exceptionally high around these parts, and hours actually aren't too terrible as long as you aren't a cashier. Most other workcenters are shorthanded so they're getting almost as many hours as they want. Backroom in particular, everyone is getting a full 40 hours. It's at a point where we might even be approved for overtime if someone calls out.

Our sales are up 5-6 percent in the first quarter yet our hours are the worst i have EVER seen in the past few years of working here. I have NEVER seen our Electronics coverage only 11-7 except for the last few months. Our Market schedule has been only 6am-7pm for months when previously it was til 9. There was almost a solid MONTH of the salesfloor team being 1 person in hardlines working 6-10, 1 person in softlines from 6-10.

If you're well-liked, they kind of cringe and tell you that we'll see the rise in hours next year because hours are based on the previous year's sales.

I actually didn't know that it was based on previous year's sales. They have never explicitly said this, but from their wording they make it seem like it won't take an entire year for hours to go up if we keep making sales. But it hours are based on previous year's sales why do they sometimes cut shifts after the schedule is published? I assumed it was because sales were down the week or two before causing them to need to reduce hours. So if sales are up by a lot the week or two before wouldn't they also be able to add shifts to deal with all the people in the store?

I actually didn't know that it was based on previous year's sales. They have never explicitly said this, but from their wording they make it seem like it won't take an entire year for hours to go up if we keep making sales. But it hours are based on previous year's sales why do they sometimes cut shifts after the schedule is published? I assumed it was because sales were down the week or two before causing them to need to reduce hours. So if sales are up by a lot the week or two before wouldn't they also be able to add shifts to deal with all the people in the store?
They cut hours to cut losses for the month/quarter/year but when sales are up, they hoard the excess to make the company look better than if they spent some of that money on payroll. That's what I assume is going on, at least. Smoke and mirrors for the shareholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back