Archived ? About funeral pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out about funeral pay, and didn't think about asking for it, when my grand father pass away a few years ago. Would it be possible to get paid for it after the fact?

Ok thank you. I didn't think it was possible... Wish they would have told me about funeral pay.

I guess it depends on your HR. My was pretty awesome. I lost a buddy through the Army. I found out Monday and the funeral was Wednesday/Thursday. I went in after my shift, grabbed the STL and told her what was going on. The next day, I called my HR and asked her if I could put in for paid vacation because losing two days off my check would have hit me pretty hard. She told me she had already sent the e-mail and had two days set up for funeral pay.

When my grandmother died right before thanks giving they made me give them all the information about the funeral home to make sure it checked out so i could leave but didnt offer any pay. So i would get on that asap.

I have used this on a number of occasions as I have been around for a long time and in this regard I have found the Company to be excellent,of course it has been a few years since I have had to use it and things might have changes.It is even possible that most people even etlhrs do not know about it and so many are new.

as part of my benefit package, I can receive funeral pay.

It actually depends on a few factors. The relationship to the deceased, the distance you must travel to the funeral, whether you are full or part time.

Please read your benefit info that comes in the mail, is on Ehr, and call TMSC/HROC at 1.800.394.1885 or HLCG at 1.800.828.5850 if you have any questions.

Yes, many of the etl's are new - may not know.

oh, and don't take the advice of your co-worker; they might be well-meaning, but they sometimes have some pretty interesting interpretations of how these benefits work.

When a family member of mine passed away, I called out sick and told my LOD the reason. When it came to his prayer night, his ceremony and the actual burial it was about 3 days in total that I was not able to work and had to give my shifts away and call out too. When I told my HR ETL she told me she was glad someone was able to take my shifts. She never offered the gesture to help me find someone to cover my shifts nor did she every mention funeral pay. One of my fellow TMs about 2 weeks later told me he had lost someone, someone who he was only related to by marriage, and he received funeral pay. Its been two months since my uncle passed, but i never bothered to go back in and ask about funeral pay. Something about going back and asking for the funeral pay didn't sit well. I felt like I was saying hey look someone I know died now give me money! I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, I really don't but thats what I felt like at that time. Not only that but I felt that i would bust out balling like a baby because to this day, its something I struggle to deal with knowing he's no longer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back