Archived About the life insurance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you give money to pay for this life insurance and then quit Target, what happens to the money?

Yup. You are talking about Term life insurance...the term is as long as you are working for the company and ceases when you leave. You don't get any money out of term insurance. Your beneficiaries might if you die while the policy is in force, but you don't.

life insurance is a scam. you're buying a reverse lottery ticket. you win if you die quickly. they lose if you die very late in life.

its not worth the premiums, any actuary has only accidental death which is cheap and pays a decent $

life insurance is a scam. you're buying a reverse lottery ticket. you win if you die quickly. they lose if you die very late in life.

its not worth the premiums, any actuary has only accidental death which is cheap and pays a decent $
Life insurance is not a scam.

For many people it's a very smart thing to have - like almost anybody with children.

For many others it may be unnecessary, but it's not a scam.

It ends when at the plan year. But, life insurance stays. Ck on targetpayand benefits for more info.

I got the cheapest kind. I think maybe a dollar gets taken out every paycheck from Target. If I croak while being employed at Target, my mom should get maybe 19K but probably less because of taxes. I mainly got it as a "just in case" thing. At least someone will get some money if by some chance, I die while being employed at Target.

I got the cheapest kind. I think maybe a dollar gets taken out every paycheck from Target. If I croak while being employed at Target, my mom should get maybe 19K but probably less because of taxes. I mainly got it as a "just in case" thing. At least someone will get some money if by some chance, I die while being employed at Target.
Pretty sure life insurance payouts are tax-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back