Prompt asking about breaks.

So when I punched out today the timeclock asked whether I took my allotted breaks and/or lunch.

Did Target get in trouble for this?

What if I answered No not Yes?

So when I punched out today the timeclock asked whether I took my allotted breaks and/or lunch.

Did Target get in trouble for this?

What if I answered No not Yes?
You would get a write up for not complying with target’s policy of meal/rest breaks .

You would get a write up for not complying with target’s policy of meal/rest breaks .
You will be followed up with about why you didn't get them. If a leader didn't allow you to take it, they will be spoken with. If you consistently don't take your breaks and say no on the time clock, you will probably be scheduled your breaks and watched about it. If it keeps happening, PDD then CA.

Those of you who work at stores that deny second breaks for 7 hours shifts, this is your moment.

You will be followed up with about why you didn't get them. If a leader didn't allow you to take it, they will be spoken with. If you consistently don't take your breaks and say no on the time clock, you will probably be scheduled your breaks and watched about it. If it keeps happening, PDD then CA.

Those of you who work at stores that deny second breaks for 7 hours shifts, this is your moment.
My answer is the same as yours you have to comply with target meal/rest breaks . Meaning you have to take them no matter what . If a leader doesn’t let someone get their breaks that tm should go to hr at the first break that they were denied . And it’s actually a second break in ca if your work 6h

The question is asking if you were given your breaks, not if you took them, so I assume the question is to make sure that leaders aren't keeping TMs from taking their breaks.i
I answered to what op said “ if he took his allotted breaks”. Which is not the same as what you stated .
But again why ppl like to work for free. Take your breaks and lunches no one should be denied their breaks and as I stated before . If a leader denies a break that tm should be in hr at the first time he/she was denied the break .

I accidentally hit No the first time I saw it, because I misread and misunderstood what it was asking. Have not been asked about it yet and it was 2 weeks ago.

There was a class action suit against Target for not letting tm go on breaks .
Perhaps this one.

Perhaps this one.

Nah . It was like 15 years ago . And most of the tm were overnight

Not sure where I stand on this... If the break room is in the back of the store, the cashier working at the front will get a much shorter break than those working in the back room if the time walking to and from the break room is counted in their 15 minutes.

Our breakroom is in the back now so most Front End just take it in TSC.

The only seem to use the breakroom if they need the microwave.

Not sure where I stand on this... If the break room is in the back of the store, the cashier working at the front will get a much shorter break than those working in the back room if the time walking to and from the break room is counted in their 15 minutes.
I use to tell my team that break starts the moment they got in the break room because the break room is at the front .
But it’s a whole another thing for your break to start after you heat up your food and sat down.

I take my breaks and lunch in my car. For breaks, I look at the time as I'm walking towards the front and set my alarm for 15 minutes. I hit the 5 minute snooze when it goes off. When it rings again I get myself together and walk back in. So probably about 22 minutes altogether.

Our breakroom is in the back now so most Front End just take it in TSC.

The only seem to use the breakroom if they need the microwave.
I've always hated that people hang out and eat in TSC. They tried to put a stop to it for awhile at my store, but it eventually started up again, though not as bad.

To me, it's an office, not a break room, and should be treated as such. People need to use the computers and come in and out to get equipment throughout the day. It's annoying when people are in the way, eating or congregating. Our breakroom is only a few doors down the hall so time isn't an issue.

I've always hated that people hang out and eat in TSC. They tried to put a stop to it for awhile at my store, but it eventually started up again, though not as bad.

To me, it's an office, not a break room, and should be treated as such. People need to use the computers and come in and out to get equipment throughout the day. It's annoying when people are in the way, eating or congregating. Our breakroom is only a few doors down the hall so time isn't an issue.
Worse is not clean up.

TMs at my store can get into trouble for not taking lunch breaks by a certain number of hours into our shift. No one really monitors 15-minute breaks that much, except in areas where constant coverage actually matters, like for cashiers. But also I don't think any TM at my store has ever been denied a break. More often, we're reminded to take them, and that's been consistent since long before this new thing on the time clock.
That said, you can tell who the slackers are, taking 20- or 25-minute breaks. Usually the same ones who clock in and then hang around the time clock chatting. They do the opposite when leaving for the day.
And since I work in the area near the restroom by the pharmacy, I sometimes notice who frequents that restroom and if they stay in there a long time. Came to the conclusion that a TM who's no longer at the store must have had some kind of digestive system issue based on their usage of that restroom. Not that any TL ever asks me about it, for which I'm very glad. That would be too weird.

My fellow TM takes really long breaks all the time but my TL (and management in general) ignores it.

I have no idea why because he is a terrible worker.

I think maybe it's because they THINK they can't hire anyone him to replace him.

This TM called off this past weekend and my Closing TL didn't know until I asked the ETLs in front of her FOUR HOURS later.

Great communication there.

Not me this is just 1 of 3 team members

Bathroom 10 minutes 15 minute break then bathroom again for 10 minutes

Lunch bathroom 10 minutes clock out 31 minutes then bathroom 10 minutes.

Bathroom 10 minutes 15 minute break then bathroom again for 10 minutes

= 121 minutes off the floor. And in reality it should only be 61 minutes.

I see a problem here 5 hours a week to get paid to poop

Last edited:
I see a problem here 5 hours a week to get paid to poop
Indeed. Might be TMI, but I prefer to take care of this particular bodily function at home, in my own bathroom. It's not that I'm squeamish about it, just more convenient while getting ready for work.
(Once had a coworker who was squeamish about it and she'd hold it all day if she had to, although she was okay with using the restroom at work for peeing. This is the kind of conversation one has in an office where the focus is in-home elder care, which often includes helping clients in the bathroom. We talked about lots of things I'd never before discussed in a work environment.)

Back