Time off request now through Mytime

I was trying to raise a time off request through myTime and while selecting that I wanted to use some accrued hours , it gives me options to choose either vacation or sick hours . I was wondering if they let us use our sick time too for vacation now (most probably not) . Does anyone know ?

Attachments

• IMG_5108.jpeg
    IMG_5108.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 21
I was trying to raise a time off request through myTime and while selecting that I wanted to use some accrued hours , it gives me options to choose either vacation or sick hours . I was wondering if they let us use our sick time too for vacation now (most probably not) . Does anyone know ?
Why would you use sick? You are only allowed to use a certain amount and when you do call in sick and you have no hours to use it will go against you .

Why would you use sick? You are only allowed to use a certain amount and when you do call in sick and you have no hours to use it will go against you .
I have never used my sick leaves all this time except once . I’m short of vacation hours now as I had to take a month off for emergency purpose .

I have never used my sick leaves all this time except once . I’m short of vacation hours now as I had to take a month off for emergency purpose .
The call out and use your sick . I don’t know how your store is . However at my store you wouldn’t be allowed to use sick time for time off in advance.

True, but some of us almost never get sick. And when we do, it isn't enough to be held against us. So we'll need to find other ways to use our sick time.
I understand. Maybe your hr can get away with it . At my store you wouldn’t and hr would get fired if they were to allow it and approve it.

I haven’t been sick in years so probably won’t ever get to use my sick time for actual illness.

Call out and use it . You can use the app now
And that's why I might start writing in fake shifts for my team lol. If our sick time just builds up and maxes out, we'd be at the point where we would get rewarded for calling off. I'd rather figure out a different way for them to use this benefit.

Calling out for no reason makes me a little guilty to be honest . May be I will use some if we get any bad storms this winter . Last year I was counting on that and we hardly got any major storm 🙄

And that's why I might start writing in fake shifts for my team lol. If our sick time just builds up and maxes out, we'd be at the point where we would get rewarded for calling off. I'd rather figure out a different way for them to use this benefit.
I agree . I’ve never called out in my years with target . And I have tm on finals for taking advantage of it because at the end of the day it only gets you so far . In Ca I believe you can only use 48h per year anything after that you are held accountable in additions with any lates .
To avoid this every time I write the schedule I ask tm who chose a tm to give an extra day off

Call out when I’m not sick? I would never do that.
The majority of companies don't give out sick pay anymore they just lump it in as PTO.

That been said I would use every hour of sick pay that Target gives me.

If you were fired Target would not pay out either your Sick Pay or PTO in most states.

The majority of companies don't give out sick pay anymore they just lump it in as PTO.

That been said I would use every hour of sick pay that Target gives me.

If you were fired Target would not pay out either your Sick Pay or PTO in most states.
I understand what your saying but, I think it’s morally wrong to call out sick when your not really sick. If I lose my sick time I lose it. Definitely not lying about being sick.

I understand what your saying but, I think it’s morally wrong to call out sick when your not really sick. If I lose my sick time I lose it. Definitely not lying about being sick.

I totally understand how you feel.
I was raised with a similar ethic.
People counted on me to be at work and no matter how bad I felt, unless I could not get out of bed at all, I went to work.
Because of that my physical and mental health suffered as did my family.
Sometimes you need a break that isn't scheduled.
You need to stay in bed and take care of yourself.
Mentally you need to not deal with the bullshit that is your job.
Don't feel bad if you need to take that time.
It's yours and you deserve it.

Remember that you can also use sick time to take care of sick kids/family members and for Dr. appointments. I think you can let them know in advance for Dr appointments.I

If you left Target know in advance for your doctor appointments will they give your shift to someone else and NOT PAY your sick pay because you aren't scheduled?

This happened to me a couple of months ago.

If you left Target know in advance for your doctor appointments will they give your shift to someone else and NOT PAY your sick pay because you aren't scheduled?

This happened to me a couple of months ago.
You should be able to request a day off for a doctors appointment to make sure you don’t get scheduled and then use sick pay to cover it.

You should be able to request a day off for a doctors appointment to make sure you don’t get scheduled and then use sick pay to cover it.
I tried to do that six months ago when I saw my cardiologist last time.

My HR ETL told my TL that they wouldn't pay me sick pay for a day I am not scheduled.

Therefore when I saw my cardiologist last time I called off for those days and got my sick pay.

Back