Archived About to go on LOA...do not plan on returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I put in my form for leave last week, effective this Saturday. I've been burning the candle at both ends and it's time for me to sit. I started a new business (direct sales) and need to focus on becoming profitable there during these four months. One party can generate the same amount of money I make a month at Target. So, it makes perfect sense for me to do this instead.

Why didn't you just put in your two weeks instead? You'll get fired if you don't come back.LOAs are meant for people that are planning to come back to the company

So, I put in my form for leave last week, effective this Saturday. I've been burning the candle at both ends and it's time for me to sit. I started a new business (direct sales) and need to focus on becoming profitable there during these four months. One party can generate the same amount of money I make a month at Target. So, it makes perfect sense for me to do this instead.
Taking an LOA for a new employment opportunity is against policy. That can actually get you into trouble if you use your discounts and such.

Taking an LOA for a new employment opportunity is against policy. That can actually get you into trouble if you use your discounts and such.
It's not an employment opportunity. I have a business. They actually know my plans at my store so I guess they're okay with what I'm doing. They even advised me to do it this way so that I keep my hourly rate if I come back. But thanks for being concerned.

It's not an employment opportunity. I have a business. They actually know my plans at my store so I guess they're okay with what I'm doing. They even advised me to do it this way so that I keep my hourly rate if I come back. But thanks for being concerned.
Even then that still is against policy. Thats usually up to HR, but hope it goes well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back