Archived Abusing the testers...AP or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfff, maybe if they're stealing big ticket merchandise or money. I hardly consider using the testers as theft.

I'll use the hand lotion tester if I walk by it. We have a lavender one that smells so nice...

...guess I'll turn myself into AP on my next shift!
Feel free to read the op again. They stated they weren't sure it was testerd and their behavior was suspicious...not that it was testers. But hey what do I know with a security background?

Sephora has them. But I'm too much of a germaphobe to actually put any of that on my face. They have special disposable applicators too, but, still gross. I'm surprised Target has them though. I don't think mine does. As a result, like 30% of our cosmetics become charge backs.
Did someone say Sephora?? My second home. LOL They actually sanitize their products before giving it to you to test. I watch the MUAs in there 'cause I'm like you. You don't know who else has been using the products. At Target though? Not a chance!

Hm... your response seems just a little... testy.

LMFAO! I get it!
281vgnr.gif

Internal theft in retail accounts for about 30% of the total theft a store will incur in a year. It most certainly does affect everyone's raise from the cart attendant to the STL.

What the OP discussed is a grey area if it's just testers. Really the issue is the frequency of using the testers. They are for everyone to use. If I saw the same guest in the store using a tester 5 days a week I would probably say something to them.

It doesn't hurt to mention it to AP though. If it was indeed theft it will probably lead to something.

Does it really matter? Do you want to bother ap with piddly crap like that?
Is it that you don't like her?

Does it really matter? Do you want to bother ap with piddly crap like that?
Is it that you don't like her?
I've seen small tips that have led to some pretty big investigations. Any competent AP will look into possible theft even if it might be nothing. It's our job.

Yes I suppose it is.
I trust no one, but really, eyeing a co-worker from an endcap for using a tester. Why couldn't the OP walk up to the tester and say - no time to put make up on this morning?

If I saw it/was told about it I would keep an eye out and drop a tip to my TL. Like @On6 said even small tips lead to bigger investigations.

Internal theft in retail accounts for about 30% of the total theft a store will incur in a year. It most certainly does affect everyone's raise from the cart attendant to the STL.

What the OP discussed is a grey area if it's just testers. Really the issue is the frequency of using the testers. They are for everyone to use. If I saw the same guest in the store using a tester 5 days a week I would probably say something to them.

It doesn't hurt to mention it to AP though. If it was indeed theft it will probably lead to something.

Also, if they're using it while on the clock, that could be a waste of scheduled time not going towards work. That to me, seems like the bigger issue here.

I haven't had a chance to say anything to AP yet but I came in today and all the testers have been removed, so there's a good chance something fishy was going on after all.
I appreciate all the responses!!

Internal theft isn't his or your concern. If you suspect it, you report it right away. I highly doubt any metric will be so affected that it would actually affect your raise and certainly not so much that it would require you actually spy on other TMs or guests to make sure your counts are 100% accurate.

how are you supposed to report it if you're not supposed to watch because it's creepy

Mysupport told me these are going away in the spring. Won't help me this quarter though, one of our tester trays is broken.

About time. I know the Boots lady at my store has testers for her stuff, but she keeps them locked up because she's allowed to.

Only buy the NYX or other lipsticks that come sealed in plastic. Every single one of the lipsticks that doesn't have plastic has been opened, and half of them have been tested by the women from the backroom when they think no one is looking. And do NOT buy any makeup from clearance that isn't plastic-wrapped.

I mean, ASANTS, obviously, but, like, yeah. General rule that is also super specific to my store....

Also only buy NYX because it's apparently a good brand

how are you supposed to report it if you're not supposed to watch because it's creepy

About time. I know the Boots lady at my store has testers for her stuff, but she keeps them locked up because she's allowed to.

Also only buy NYX because it's apparently a good brand
Now's the chance to find out, most of the endcap is clearance and $5gc when you buy $20.

Ewww. Knowing our guests and how they treat other products (I'm in softlines), I would never, ever touch anything used by a guest until I had washed it, sanitized it, whatever. If she wants to expose herself to all of those potential germs, that's her business. We don't have official testers, but that doesn't stop people from trying anyway. I can't begin to count how many cosmetics I've had to defect because somebody opened them and tried them out.

Ewww. Knowing our guests and how they treat other products (I'm in softlines), I would never, ever touch anything used by a guest until I had washed it, sanitized it, whatever. If she wants to expose herself to all of those potential germs, that's her business. We don't have official testers, but that doesn't stop people from trying anyway. I can't begin to count how many cosmetics I've had to defect because somebody opened them and tried them out.

Glad someone else gets this. My STL is always demanding to know why I can easily fill one of those GS bags used for chemical chargebacks with cosmetics to be charged out daily. I keep telling him that once a seal is broken or I see something on thep roduct itself, like a mark where someone's finger or a brush would have touched it, it's getting pulled. It's unsanitary. And just gross, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back