Archived Accidentally hurt guest. Will I be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally ran into a guest with a pull and now they're filling out the form. Will I be let go for this?

I wouldn't think so. Accidents happen!

Accidents happen. Like others said you will probably be put on a final CA. If it was because your pull was too high, make sure items on flats don't go higher than the handle.

Accidents happen. Like others said you will probably be put on a final CA. If it was because your pull was too high, make sure items on flats don't go higher than the handle.

We are forever getting pulls where they are beyond too high. I'm 5'9" and sometimes they're a good foot or 2 higher than me. Paper towels and stuff.

I accidentally ran into a guest with a pull and now they're filling out the form. Will I be let go for this?

I wouldn't think so. I've had close calls even with low pulls I could see over of a guest just coming out of an aisle fast and I have to pull it back hard to not hit them.

I almost hit a kid once with a flat. The mother yelled at her kid because he ran out without looking. I was like shit yes you yell at your child! lmao. No but really, I don't push too fast because sometimes you just can't see. I know we are supposed to push and not pull, but I'm pulling it behind me because I need to see. Now pulling a water pallet... That shit is hard to stop. Bruised my heel from that once. I don't think an accident would get you fired. Not unless you like seriously injured the guest.

You outta see the shit I have to deal with operating the cart pusher.

The only possible issue I see is if you're under your 90 days. Even then it's unlikely.
I almost hit a kid once with a flat. The mother yelled at her kid because he ran out without looking.
Similar thing happened to me. I had to leap over this kid who ran out into the aisle while I was sprinting back to our mall door to assist with a combative apprehension. It sounded like the kid was getting chewed out as I rounded the corner.

Besides the guest being pissed at you I am sure you will be fine! If you keep "running into" guests on a regular basis than I would be worried.

I once hurt someone when a end table fell off the tub. I didn't pack the tub, LOD did an incident report. Nothing happened, no coaching etc.

I have dumped stuff off tubs and flats if it piled to high. Backroom are usually dudes they just don't think that we are shorter. They get the hint when a stack of paper towels is left on the ground at the line.

There will be interviews, eyewitness documentation, and surveillance footage pulled, someone will investigate to see if you were being negligent on pushing the equipment. If you were, you could be written up.

You outta see the shit I have to deal with operating the cart pusher.
I had to use that thing on Christmas week when a cart attendant called out. Should've gotten hazardous duty pay lol

You're supposed to be trained on operating it.

The only possible issue I see is if you're under your 90 days. Even then it's unlikely.

Similar thing happened to me. I had to leap over this kid who ran out into the aisle while I was sprinting back to our mall door to assist with a combative apprehension. It sounded like the kid was getting chewed out as I rounded the corner.

I'm just picturing you as Simon Peg in Hot Fuzz, trying to do a running jump over the kid and instead just kicking him right in the temple.

I have dumped stuff off tubs and flats if it piled to high. Backroom are usually dudes they just don't think that we are shorter. They get the hint when a stack of paper towels is left on the ground at the line.

Backroom be like...

"If I can see over it, so can you!"

As a tall backroom TM, I'll admit I've stacked a few vehicles way too high. However, I did so with the intention of re-arranging it later on (i.e. when the pulls are finished for the hour and I have time to search the entire store for an empty tub).

As a 5' 1" TM, you taller helpers are godsends and we love you.

Sure, I'll grab that XYZ from the very back of the top shelf for you. :)

I had to use that thing on Christmas week when a cart attendant called out. Should've gotten hazardous duty pay lol

I used the cart pusher once.

ONCE.

Now pulling a water pallet... That shit is hard to stop. Bruised my heel from that once.

I learned how to stop a water pallet (or any pallet) after failing quite badly once.

Just quickly twist the handle on the pallet jack all the way to the left or right and it will stop dead in its tracks.

I learned how to stop a water pallet (or any pallet) after failing quite badly once.

Just quickly twist the handle on the pallet jack all the way to the left or right and it will stop dead in its tracks.
OOOH. Thanks!

Anyone else ever feel like when you have the flatbeds and kinda get it stuck when you're turning it around that it's like that scene from Austin Powers when he's on the golf cart stuck between the walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back