Archived Accurate inventory count issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your store have SFS? If yours does and the other store doesn’t, then that could explain it. Your store may be expecting ship orders for the formula and that’s why they label having six as “limited.”

This is just a guess, I could be very wrong. Other replies are definitely correct. Online system takes awhile to update what is in the zebra and counts can be off for a plethora of reasons
Nope, we don’t have SFS.

Are they just doing it through “audit” ?
Yes. So we scan each item in mywork. If cap and br quantities don't add up to on hand we 'take' item from that location and every other location that it located in. Bring to sales floor push and correct capacity if necessary. Correcting capacity in exf. Bring the excess to the backroom, back-stock. Once it is backstocked you go to the audit. Scan item ask question 'how many are here" refers to sales floor enter the capacity number update and scan the item again to that the on hand has been corrected. Some items up date immediately some take a few minutes, hours days. it is crazy how off the counts are. Guess that's what happens when you want to reach a certain number of scans without following the proper process....

Yes. So we scan each item in mywork. If cap and br quantities don't add up to on hand we 'take' item from that location and every other location that it located in. Bring to sales floor push and correct capacity if necessary. Correcting capacity in exf. Bring the excess to the backroom, back-stock. Once it is backstocked you go to the audit. Scan item ask question 'how many are here" refers to sales floor enter the capacity number update and scan the item again to that the on hand has been corrected. Some items up date immediately some take a few minutes, hours days. it is crazy how off the counts are. Guess that's what happens when you want to reach a certain number of scans without following the proper process....
Yeah we are having to do EXF like crazy today because all of our DVD capacity’s got changed to 53 so the auto pull was absolutely insane.

Audit doesn’t work because a lot of times the counts are off because the item(s) are somewhere else in the store.

1. In a random unworked go-back cart
2. Item on shelf in another aisle
3. Customer’s cart (rarest)
4. Item damaged or thrown away by accident with reclaim
5. In backstock waco without being located

I remember seeing it before but I cant seem to find it. Is there a way to scan a backroom location and clear everything out of it? At my store if the OH count doesn't match the salesfloor and backroom counts, we need to pull it and ensure the floor is full. For me this is pretty much everything is the WACOs. Rather than scanning each individual item out though I'd like to just scan the WACO and clear everything from that location. Also since I've found unlocated items, I'm sure items have been scanned in that aren't there

I remember seeing it before but I cant seem to find it. Is there a way to scan a backroom location and clear everything out of it? At my store if the OH count doesn't match the salesfloor and backroom counts, we need to pull it and ensure the floor is full. For me this is pretty much everything is the WACOs. Rather than scanning each individual item out though I'd like to just scan the WACO and clear everything from that location. Also since I've found unlocated items, I'm sure items have been scanned in that aren't there
Scan the backroom location in audit. It works like LOCU did. As long as you make sure the floor is full, like you said, and backstock the rest, it should fix the count issues.

Make sure you check that it actually went through for deletion. Unless it was fixed, there's a problem where sometimes it won't actually delete the items.

What’s the easiest way to clear out an entire Waco? In other words if you are purging, please tell me there is a shortcut for that.

Are we talking 0 on shelf/0 Backstock/ 0 on hands? Because if it says you have anything on hands the website thinks you have it chilling unlocated somewhere.

What’s the easiest way to clear out an entire Waco? In other words if you are purging, please tell me there is a shortcut for that.

Scan an item in the Waco in MyWork. Go to exf and create an adhoc for that item. Open Move and enter that adhoc. Scan nothing and hit All Items Scanned.

Note your ETL-LOG will scream in agony. But, it will work for your purposes.

Alternatively, partner with a flexfill TM. Do an online order for an item in the waco and ask the flex TM to hit All Items Scanned in ePick without scanning anything. Cancel the order. That'd work too and would have your ETL-LOG in less agony (but, who really wants that?).

Scan an item in the Waco in MyWork. Go to exf and create an adhoc for that item. Open Move and enter that adhoc. Scan nothing and hit All Items Scanned.

Alternatively, partner with a flexfill TM. Do an online order for an item in the waco and ask the flex TM to hit All Items Scanned in ePick without scanning anything. Cancel the order. That'd work too and would have your ETL-LOG in less agony (but, who really wants that?).

Or, LOCU.

Thanks, will try this!

I’ve had a lot of issues the last couple of weeks with counts being off. One in particular is really stumping me. A guest was looking for a particular baby lotion, my device said we have 6 on floor, 0 in back, 6 on hand, delivered the previous day. In reality, nothing on the shelf, no uboats in the back, not in repacks, and not just randomly tossed into a backstock location either (at least not the aisle it should be backstocked in). It very well could be elsewhere in the stockroom, our BRLA is probably f-ed right now because people cannot seem to figure out the simple concept of backstocking. This was just one example, but I had three separate issues with infant hardlines specifically the other day regarding inventory issues.

Use the audit app

Scan waco label

Press done

Congrats you LOCU'd

I've actually been told not to use the audit app (and for those who ask... LOCU was an option in the old RF Apps that cleared out BR locations). When you use the audit app to scan locations to clear them out it does not add it to what goes on to the floor it just clears the location out. You have to manually take everything out of the location in myWork and once that happens it automatically updates the SF count.

Our store is doing this too. You describe our process to the letter. We are going section by section trying to fix everything, plus we have been doing it for every single item we push off the truck which has slowed us down immensely. We finally got the Okay from the DSD to only do it for backstock as we are flow center and everything comes in pieces versus casepack.

We have so much stuff in backstock it is over whelming. They apparently fixed the counts in March, but I can’t see how that’s possible since everything that’s been worked from
Backstock (by myself) has gone up. OK maybe 10% didn’t but still...

The excuse the TL used was that when we have time we can purge the rest, but with truck after truck after truck we never have time. There’s something to be said for manual ordering. I used to order for automotive, sporting, and home improvement at Kmart BY HAND in about 20-30 mins

I’ve had a lot of issues the last couple of weeks with counts being off. One in particular is really stumping me. A guest was looking for a particular baby lotion, my device said we have 6 on floor, 0 in back, 6 on hand, delivered the previous day. In reality, nothing on the shelf, no uboats in the back, not in repacks, and not just randomly tossed into a backstock location either (at least not the aisle it should be backstocked in). It very well could be elsewhere in the stockroom, our BRLA is probably f-ed right now because people cannot seem to figure out the simple concept of backstocking. This was just one example, but I had three separate issues with infant hardlines specifically the other day regarding inventory issues.
Could it have been delivered to the wrong store? Working on the line I see boxes all the time that are sent to the wrong store

Could it have been delivered to the wrong store? Working on the line I see boxes all the time that are sent to the wrong store
It’s possible, but it’s happened multiple times. And it’s almost exclusively an issue in infant hardlines. I mean we have count issues all over, but this particular issue of saying it was delivered the previous day, but not actually being anywhere is not the same issue. And again, it’s pretty specific to infant hardlines. Unless I just haven’t run into an issue in other areas yet.

Sometimes there's just no way to explain just how screwed up our systems for counts are.
Happened yesterday to me, get a case pack fresh off the truck. It's a brand new item, never received before. Look at the zebra, shows 6 on the floor, zero in the back, 12 on hand. Case contains 12, so the on hand is correct, zebra confirms no sales, and delivered yesterday when truck acknowledged, so where is the 6 on the floor coming from? No orders, no sales, nothing but yesterday's receipt of 12...

Sometimes there's just no way to explain just how screwed up our systems for counts are.
Happened yesterday to me, get a case pack fresh off the truck. It's a brand new item, never received before. Look at the zebra, shows 6 on the floor, zero in the back, 12 on hand. Case contains 12, so the on hand is correct, zebra confirms no sales, and delivered yesterday when truck acknowledged, so where is the 6 on the floor coming from? No orders, no sales, nothing but yesterday's receipt of 12...
If only 6 fit in the location, it'll say 6 on floor because the other 6 should be backstocked.

It’s possible, but it’s happened multiple times. And it’s almost exclusively an issue in infant hardlines. I mean we have count issues all over, but this particular issue of saying it was delivered the previous day, but not actually being anywhere is not the same issue. And again, it’s pretty specific to infant hardlines. Unless I just haven’t run into an issue in other areas yet.

Do you share my DC? Ours is terrible with infant hardlines. Mispicks are common. Not getting what we were supposed to get is extremely common. It's a problem area at the DC that really screws us over at the store.

But, mispicks can happen in any section. The process DCs have for putting labels on items as they go down there line isn't exactly the best. Mistakes are frequent according to DC TMs I've talked too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back