Archived Ad Prep

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to Ad Prep and I am trying hard to find better ways to prep the ad(shortcuts) and making sure I keep the ad setup team happy( happier). I had a 15 minute training session but my salesfloor and ad set experience has helped me a lot.

Few questions for everyone.
1- Do you keep the ad in Waco boxes or is there an easier way to keep every aisle separated.
2- NOP's, do you put the location of front or in the back? Sorry but I can't find the right type of pen or I cannot
write small enough to add it to the front.
3- Do you do the NOP's with the PDA or the IPod? can't figure out an easy way to use the IPod.
4- Also my store is really bad at printing ad batches sent by headquarters. I can't never tell which ones need
printing. any tips? who should be printing them when I am not there?
5- I currently can finish the ad prep in 50 to 60% the time it says it should take and I am wondering if that is normal.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

1- We used folders with the aisles marked on them in baskets broken down by section.

2- On the back

3- PDA

4- There should be a list.

5- If you can get it knocked out that fast more power to you. Does that include the corrections?

We are using crates with folders but I find a lot of aisles missed every week and that equals roughly 100-150+ signs missed at times. Sometimes I don't find this out until the following Thursday or Friday when I do the ad next. LOD's are not the best at making sure the entire ad is up.
They never give me the list of what needs to be printed and Red Wire is always cleared when I try to find it.
It also includes the Ad corrections.

We use wacos and separate the aisles with the bigger sized index cards. The index cards are blank.

On the back

Whatever equipment is available. We have been using the my devices to experiment tho.

I think we struggle with the ad batches also

We don't pay any attention to how much time it "should" take. We use 5 hours for Hardlines prep and Softlines does their own. If we don't get it done in 5, someone finishes it Saturday mornings.

1- yes, we use waco's with cards with the aisle numbers on them. Ad signs are either paper clipped or rubber banded together behind the aisle card.

2- on the front where the pre-printed location is. Towards the top where you fold over the sign. We don't have the sticky signs yet so that might change when we get them in.

3- PDA

4- The ad prep TM prints the print batch signs for the upcoming ad. My signing TM prints the urgent e batches and passes them to the LOD to give out to sales floor TM's to put up.

5- we typically spend 16 hours a week prepping. My last ad prep TM had it down to about 10-14 hours most weeks and she would help out on the floor the other hours she was scheduled. I have a new TM doing it now and it is taking longer since she doesn't have a system yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back