Archived Ad setup/takedown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what everyone's ad setup and takedown process/routines is like (i.e. who does setup?, who does takedown?, what do the shifts look like?, how faithful are you to the promotional signing guidelines?, tips?, common opportunities?, etc.).

at nine out Operator keys out soft lines, and everyone takes down the signs in their zone areas. I think they physically scan the signs out in hardlines as they pull them.

I should've specified 4AM stores. I'm guessing most stores just retask their recovery team to do takedown at some point and have a few TMs with devoted shifts for setup from 4A-8A. If you're involved in this process, I wonder if you routinely schedule/use more hours then are indicated in a particular week's promotional signing guidelines. Do any stores actually schedule full shifts devoted to takedown (i.e. 8P-12P)? I'm not really familiar with setup/takedown best practice, but does anyone start takedown at 8P?

At my store, there's usually a few TM's who are scheduled on Saturday nights under 'Zone' from 7p-11p, just for Ad takedown. I don't know much about takedown, because I never close.

As for Setup, there are a bunch of TM's scheduled under Zone from 4a-9a for this, and the Instocks TM's are scheduled 4a-12:30p just on Sundays so they can help with the ad setup too. The TMs all split up the signs by aisle groups (usually Instocks will take care of A, another TM will do B, another F/Electronics, etc.).

we complete our zone (or close) by 10pm, then the entire salesfloor team does ad takedown after 10pm.

Uhhh. I know I'm now probably going to be scheduled 7-11:45 to do ad takedown... zoning until about 9:30, and then going to each aisle and scanning out all the ads that are expired and taking down their signs. As well as adjusting endcaps as necessary.

Just started last saturday, but me and my CW managed to get thru A and G all on our lonesome.... my cart was overflowing with the ad signs by the end of it! @_@

I work with a four person (3 HL, 1 SL) team that does setup starting at 4:00 with a TL doing the encaps starting at 6:00. Best practices is always the goal.
Unfortunately we often get stuck sorting the corrections before we can get started, sometimes there is no TL so we do the endcaps, and lately they've only scheduled 2 for HL. We still follow BP but getting done on time is impossible.

Our takedown is our LOD keys all signs out, and we just pull the signs as we zone in the evening.

Ad takedown and setup is at 330am at my store. I wish takedown would be Sat night but no luck.

Ad takedown Sat. night. The LOD sits in TSC calling out missing signs, driving everyone crazy! Set-up is 4am Sun morning. The LOD asks where everyone is at every 30 mins, driving everyone crazy!

Would it be workable to scan all the signs out on Saturday night, then have ad setup start at 3:30A and remove the old signs before starting setup on each aisle? Currently, we have part of our Saturday recovery team move to takedown at 10PM. We're considering alternatives, though.

Would it be workable to scan all the signs out on Saturday night, then have ad setup start at 3:30A and remove the old signs before starting setup on each aisle? Currently, we have part of our Saturday recovery team move to takedown at 10PM. We're considering alternatives, though.

No that would be bad. With the scanning, you tell the system that the sign has been taken down. Then when all the signs are scanned, a report tells us which ones were not found so we can go check the aisles and pull any missed signs. If you scan them out before taking them down, you risk the chance of greater amounts of signs being missed

If you scan them out before taking them down, you risk the chance of greater amounts of signs being missed
Which leads to guests bringing up old signs when the item doesn't come up on sale or TPC/PC. We had to honor a $20 price cut because the guest brought up a portion of a sign left behind when the TM tore it without removing the entire sign.

We had one SAT night where it was a TL and one TM doing the entire take down.
Needless to say, my team found quite a few signs left over.
For some reason the ones in the freezer get missed more then most.

Signs shouldn't be getting missed unless people are hitting (N)ot found and not double checking.....

LOD is respondible for scanning endcaps as per best practice the tl( price change tl) should be leading the ad set up as per his/her core rules.

The opening TL in our store leads the ad set team(price change TL does ad set on a rotation). During the ad set up we keep 1 person to an aisle, we can monitor accuracy better and keep the process moving. The TL will jump in and help with heavy aisles. Also the TL changes the e/cs as we wave through the store. Once the ad is set, we know endcaps are completed and we focus on walking the printed ad. Also on Saturday the mid TL also checks to make sure that all headquarters urgent batches have been printed and are ready to go. This works really well for us. Our ad is up every Sat by 7am and walked by opening.

Did anyone see the message board on the toss report & not to throw signs away?
We did afterwards.:facepalm: our spot Corp visit is this week! We did try to replace all the missing signs.

Our store is a ULV store and we start ad takedown at 8pm for softlines and 9pm for hardlines on every Sat night, then at store close all tm's head over to electronics/mmb and scan and setup as many signs as we can(we usually finish by 10:30 or so and then on Sunday morning for setup we come in at 6am to start scanning hardlines in and then usually have all ads up and endcaps walked by about 11 or so.

At my store, we are not doing the toss report, anymore. Because we are tossing the good signs when we should not.
We got an audit from district & almost got our kicked in certain areas. I had told my ad person to keep the signs, because it didn't feel right. We did & save our butt when they came by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back