Archived Ad takedown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else been told to not scan the barcodes on takedown? Our new STL says "all the stores are doing it." Have a poor service desk person go through the PDA and enter not found for all 1000+ signs and then the TMs just pull the signs down manually. We have a ton of signs that come up expired the next week tho. And for some reason it shows green on My Performance. I personally don't like this but just doing what I'm told. Has anyone heard of this??

wow that sounds very time consuming and i thought there was a score we were graded on like ad effectiveness or something ? we still scan every sign

We scan every freaking sign. Time consuming, yes, but not as time consuming as having one person "not found" every sign. Either way it's very inefficient and there has to be a better way to take up/down the ad. A fellow team member said that Kohl's has all digital signing now. I wish Target would go with something like this. They won't because of the price, and probably because having one person push a couple of keys on a computer makes too much sense.

We don't scan in any signs (except instock's substitution signs) and we don't scan any signs down. It's not a weighted metric, so my store doesn't care about it.

Wait till that Lod does the Pcv report, on Sunday, it will be big. Because of the signing not found in take down, it will create a task to look for the sign.
Sigma, it's a metric now a days. I am surprised that your pricing tl has not mentioned it? Impacts them the most.

Last edited:
PCV is 200 tasks every morning. Even though I know it's best practice to scan in signs, my execs don't want to hear it. They just key 200 tasks per day.

Although, to be fair the PCV was 200 tasks when we were scanning in signs. I helped them out with it on Tuesdays and it would lead you to new release signs that had been scanned up and then tell you to scan them up using signt.

We haven't scanned anything up or down in about 3 months and our price accuracy score is green, so I dunno.

wow that sounds very time consuming and i thought there was a score we were graded on like ad effectiveness or something ? we still scan every sign

We do this and it actually takes the service desk tm an hour to do it and the LOD helps out. And the team takes signs down as they zone. Much easier than scanning all the signs down

Not scanning the signs out I can understand but not scanning in them sounds really iffy.
I'm sure if that was cool every store would be doing it.

Last edited:
We physically take them down while we zone, but we don't scan them out sign by sign. We do 'Not Found' for every sign.
We usually only have 1 person scheduled for AD takedown. It's impossible for one person to take down every sign and scan it out.

At my store, we scan the signs. And because we scan the signs in and out like we're supposed to, the only time I ever ran into a problem was when a bunch of checklane signs were tied to the wrong lane.

One question: If a sign is printed in-store, is the number normally different from what the system expects to be in that location? I dealt with this a couple weekends ago, and I ended up keying the signs because they said "Invalid Barcode" when I scanned them.

I used to do this for the front end. Nothing wrong with it as long as you're thorough. I always checked peg hooks, pop coolers, end caps, and made sure to double check charcoal and photo.

My store just stopped scanning during ad take down we only scan during ad setup which makes any mistakes during the scan not that big of a deal.

just seems like it would cause problems.. I didn't know it wasn't measured anymore. but seems like not scanning them up would cause huge problems for the PCV. its biggest on Sunday and Tuesday around 200, wouldn't that make it huge every single day? I also know ive heard my etl-sl mention how over 70% of the pcv tasks were keyed instead of scanned and we need to scan more instead. ive been trying to understand OCV more. like today it took me to G37, the signs were up but it was the wrong sign number from the one in the gun. I printed the prep bacth on friday and I checked for an urgent batch thinking maybe they replaced the signs but nothing. I just dont get it.

Our store used to do no scan and just "not found" through the CPU, but a few months back we got told we have to scan! Takes double to triple the people and lasts twice as long........ Sad sales floor night usually

We scan up the signs. For takedown we usually scan down hardlines (but a some people not found it all). In softlines we not found it all. It's too hard to know where anything has been scanned into. We try to finish zones by 8:30/9:00pm and then everyone takes ad down. The team leaves by 10:15/10:30 at the latest.
The downside is the zone on Saturdays isn't the greatest.

Well my store implemented a new rule for ad take down. It is now to be done Sunday mornings before they put up the new ad. No more saturday night ad takedown.

Interesting.
They must have doubled up on the crew for the morning.

My store used to have an overnight team that did both the takedown and the setup. During the holidays, several TMs would be scheduled at 4AM to join the overnighters with the setup. It was a great system........until they stopped doing it that way to save payroll.

My store used to have an overnight team that did both the takedown and the setup. During the holidays, several TMs would be scheduled at 4AM to join the overnighters with the setup. It was a great system........until they stopped doing it that way to save payroll.
we did this a couple of times during 4th quarter. It worked great, had enough time to scan everything in and out.
No guests to interrupt us. It was hard to not fall asleep when you're scanning in the ad though.

When we do ad setup, we go through at least one of our bigger sections and just put them up and have a TL follow us and scan everything in. After that we scan everything in ourselves.

For ad takedown, we scan everything. We start at 9pm and go until about 10:15 (depending on the area) and as soon as we are done either help someone else, or touch up the zone & do reshop and leave at 11. It can be a huge pain in the rear, especially when signs seem to wander off during the week and you end up "not found"-ing half an aisle anyways :boredom:

There are districts that are no longer scanning ad up and down. I happen to be in one of them. Interestingly enough, I don't think it is a test from corp. I think it is a massive power struggle between group directors and corp. Corp will either send instructions down for all stores to stop scanning ad OR put put a weight back on that metric, so stores stop fudging the numbers. If you work in a store that doesn't scan ad up and down, you will see 00000000000000 ill effects. It truly is pointless.

Last edited:
Thanks insiteful. I'm in one of those districts too. Nothing bad happens other than the PCV is bigger, but like I said, ours was always big to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back