Archived "Additional cashier to the front lane..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering what triggers that voice request on the Walkies?

Same with the "Fast Service needed in (department). Who's responding?" "Fast service in (department) Second Request, fifteen seconds remaining. Who's responding?"

There's an "Addt'l Cashiers" or something similar button on the registers near the top right. Should be red with a Target logo.

The red phones and red buttons around the store trigger the fast service dialogue.

Yep, there's an Addt'l Assistance button at the top of the keyboard, which I have come to hate with a passion because someone will hit it and then five minutes later someone will hit it.

The demon of the Sales Floor.

I've been wondering what triggers that voice request on the Walkies?

Same with the "Fast Service needed in (department). Who's responding?" "Fast service in (department) Second Request, fifteen seconds remaining. Who's responding?"
That means there is a backup guests at the front lanes. You might be getting trained for cashiering & going for backup soon.

Hearing that is why I'm trying to switch from hardlines to cashier since I know they desperately need the help.

When I call for guest first and no one comes I make sure to press it and yell into the walkie..I have been calling people off the floor since I was a GSA (and the ETLs condemn me for it). I may be disliked by salesfloor at times, but I do know that most genuinely like me and respect me when I call for guest first "Bullseyerc, what lane do you want me on?" as soon as I call for guest first by like three salesfloor team members and/or leaders. Ive even had all of the ETLs hop on a lane more than twice. STL has hopped on. The other GSTLs/GSAs get walked over on and no one comes and have been there for much longer. I believe there should be a balance between being too lenient and being assertive. I have achieved that.

I wish they would just assign more cashiers to a shift. It really sucks on the sales floor when a person is spending more time on the register than being on the floor. Nothing really gets done when that happens, and guests get furious because they can't find anyone to help them. There's been days when they call for backup and the LOD responds with "There is no one else, they're already on backup."

I wish they would just assign more cashiers to a shift. It really sucks on the sales floor when a person is spending more time on the register than being on the floor. Nothing really gets done when that happens, and guests get furious because they can't find anyone to help them. There's been days when they call for backup and the LOD responds with "There is no one else, they're already on backup."

Even better when the call box goes off and the ETL's in the office "Who is going to get that call box?" "No one since everyone is on a checklane!" And either it will go to third request or you will see them sprint out of the office.

Once and a while, I will hit the Electronics one just to see if anyone's paying attention and asking if it's real :p

"Additional cashiers needed in Electronics" is always interesting to hear, heh.

I like how the Starbucks one doesn't call for backup but rather for guest assistance "all Starbucks trained team members please report to Starbucks for guest assistance"

Mine get a walkie to call for an LOD if nobody else comes.

I like how the Starbucks one doesn't call for backup but rather for guest assistance "all Starbucks trained team members please report to Starbucks for guest assistance"

At my store this is usually because they need change or at the busiest times, our etl ge would be a cashier while the other Starbucks team members made drinks.

Very few etl ge and GSTLs know how to actually make drinks

This is a double edged sword. If you have all cashier's and no salesfloor you end up like walmart with awful zones.

Targets logic makes sense. Sales floor is more versatile than casjiers. If you schedule a bunch of salesfloor when the lanes are slow the salesfloor people can achieve task. When you schedule a bunch of cashier's if it's slow they all stand at the lanes and the rest of the store suffers.

Why don't gstls just left the guest wait instead of pestering sftm? It's not like the guest is going hop out of line with their cartfull of shit

Why don't gstls just left the guest wait instead of pestering sftm? It's not like the guest is going hop out of line with their cartfull of shit

They may not hop out of line but they may not come back to our store. Especially since online there is no line.

Our company has made it a priority that guest shouldn't have to wait to give us money. It's a huge draw we have over Wal-Mart and others. I hate cashiering as much as the next problem but it's made clear in the interview you will need to do it (exception to those hired for logistics positions)

Our company has made it a priority that guest shouldn't have to wait to give us money. It's a huge draw we have over Wal-Mart and others. I hate cashiering as much as the next problem but it's made clear in the interview you will need to do it (exception to those hired for logistics positions)

I do understand that, and in general it's a good practice. However, I think that when the implementation of it takes virtually the entire SFTMs off the floor, they really need to look at adding a few more cashiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back