Archived adhd and retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't take work serious. Don't get me wrong, I'm a hard worker and bust my butt, but I can't act normal. I know the rules and follow them, but add my own craziness.

Sometimes I speak using an accent. I'll randomly dance. I have to find the humor in almost everything. I run and power walk like nobodies business. I refuse to let a call box reach its limit; no matter where I am or what department I'm working. I talk to guests like they're the most interesting person alive. I scare team members for the fun of it while they're focused on zoning.

Who else can't help doing the hammer dance while working or some other crazy thing to keep things fun?

Hi. Fellow lifelong-ADHD guy here. See if you can post to the backroom. It did wonders for me. CAFs give you something to focus on, and something to expend all that energy on. The time between CAFs, you can shift through various tasks at your own leisure, which actually comes in handy. My old TL's thought I was a multi-tasking god, but it just seemed that way since I was cycling through so many tasks from the 'AD'. As far as my ADHD is concerned, going into logistics/warehousing was one of the best choices I made.

Cart Attendant

Can ADHD tell the difference between HE detergent and regular?

Don't run (it's dangerous) and don't startle your co-workers. Your ADHD and their PTSD might not mix.

Have fun, but be conscientious of the people around you.

I always run. I'm cautious while doing so though. There ain't enough time to get it all done and walking.

I only scare the good victims. I've Had Some ETLs scare me. We tend to do it more so after we close. If it's serious all the time, you'll hate working and won't work as hard.

My adhd does work well when I'm zoning and a guest needs help. I can vibe the peanuts out of them and then get back to my zone.

I think I lean more towards the OCD side. I can't stand seeing unsorted crap all over the service desk. I have a need to fucking clean it up. So when I get 10 carts of unsorted stray from overnight they're sorted within an hour (I know you fuckers leave product in there, I see the cardboard and your unfinished beverage you pig). Even during a rush I always make sure to sort all of the previous guest's returns, and if possible get the ticketed ones done too. There is quite a bit of silliness in my store, I was always a bit too serious to take part. Maybe I should've had a bit more fun.

My OCD made me very obsessed with the number three, I had to have equipment that was divisable by three or I would be upset about it all day. I also had to park perfectly straight in the same parking space or I'd worry about it all day. Medication made stuff like this more managible. However I wish my OCD was more helpful around the store and not the crazy girl that takes five minuites to park and needs printer 0206 and PDA twelve or she'd get upset.

However I wish my OCD was more helpful around the store and not the crazy girl that takes five minuites to park.

OMG THIS. I don't have full-blown OCD just "traits" as my therapist puts it. But parking is one thing that causes me so much stress. I MUST be right in the center of the spot or else. The two best parking spaces at my apartment complex are both slightly trapezoidal so I never park there.

My OCD made me very obsessed with the number three, I had to have equipment that was divisable by three or I would be upset about it all day. I also had to park perfectly straight in the same parking space or I'd worry about it all day. Medication made stuff like this more managible. However I wish my OCD was more helpful around the store and not the crazy girl that takes five minuites to park and needs printer 0206 and PDA twelve or she'd get upset.

206 is not divisible by 3. Your life is a lie.

This is all so funny. I'm glad my ocd is very minor. I hate when shirts aren't stacked neatly or toys aren't perfectly straight. But I don't go nuts over every thing. I do like the fact most of my team makes work fun. I can be serious most of the time, but need a little release now and again.

We have contests and bets half the time. I'll bet my fellow team members that if they can get something done in a certain amount of time, I'll buy them something I know they've been wanting. I don't work because I need to, it's because I want to.

That's not how division works. If you were truly obsessed with division by three you should be looking for printers 0207 or 0204.

Yeah I tend to hyper focus, especially on the line it pisses me off when I'm only supposed to focus on my 5 pallets and I keep getting hit with stuff that is at the front of the line.

This whole sequence of comments makes me so happy to have found T B R. !!an Target.
Where we're you guys when I was lying awake wishing I could find friends who I could really be myself around? Who don't need me to explain what I mean all the time . There is hope for all of us who have felt like Eleanor Rigsby at times. Jeez, I just love you man!

i have adhd and it doesn't make me speak with an accent, random dance, or run; i just leave my keys in the wave and baler and leave unpushed cafs in various places

I have a little OCD and it affects the speed of my zone a little. But I've been controlling it lately. You have to find a good balance.

2 red bulls and 1 5hr energy gets me through a 8 hour shift as a crazy PA. Pushing PFresh truck, qmosing, culling, zoneing ... and throwing lots of cardboard into the bailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back