Archived Adjacency Calendar time formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been curious how the times on the adjacency calendar are determined. What formula is used to create those very specific times? Are those times just for setting or do they include demerching, cleaning, pulling and repushing too? I'd just love to see a breakdown of what is expected and how they've arrived at those decimal points.

When I used to do SL POGs it seemed to only factor in the footage of the POG. Every table or convertible was the same regardless of if it was a completely new set, a drastic move, or a re-tie. I don't think HL is the same way, but based on how my POGs worked, I don't think it generates very specific or useful times.

My LOG ETL used to be a PTL and told me she mysupported this a long time ago since no one would give her a straight answer. She told me this included demerch, clean, set, repush, pull, and rsch.

According the best practice that I printed out:

It's set, clean, remerch and push.

It doesn't account for the pulling or back stocking.

Doesn't account for specialty fixtures or cleaning up.

Does account for pushing pallets.

However I don't know how old that was. I searched "Adjacency Calendar" on workbench one time. However my STL says it changes from store to store.

A majority of the time they don't give anywhere close to enough time to get everything done. Especially since sometimes we have to make adjustments to the plans, locate and put up any displays, do our own pulls, do research after the pulls are stocked, etc. And we have to stop and help guests usually several times. Then there's the smart huddle which takes up about 45 min.

A majority of the time they don't give anywhere close to enough time to get everything done. Especially since sometimes we have to make adjustments to the plans, locate and put up any displays, do our own pulls, do research after the pulls are stocked, etc. And we have to stop and help guests usually several times. Then there's the smart huddle which takes up about 45 min.
They don't give time for pulling or backstocking. You shouldn't have to do that.

The adjacency calendar is not always accurate. Some areas that reset spot does not allot enough time to complete the pogs like in grocery (FIFO) or cosmetics(missing broken fixtures) or anything with the old zone assist fixtures . But then some pogs like in domestics you are able to set them in half the time they give you like bedding and towels. The time we are given in MyTime is based on the workload from the adjacency calendar and what we are responsible for executing is the total presentation hours not the sales floor portion of the calendar. This workload only includes de merch, cleaning, setting and pushing not pulling or backstocking. From what I was told with the last update in mytime if POG teams are gonna be assigned sales planners or softline tables to set they are to be given the hours to set them by taking it from the sales floor hours and over scheduling the amount of workload hours into presentation. So if you have to do 40 hours worth of sales planners then you under schedule sales floor by 40 and over schedule in presentation 40. I don't really care much for this because in low volume stores there is barely any sales floor hours as it is. I wish that the company would figure out a better way to allocate all these workload hours where it comes from a separate bank of hours that is not based on sales like other guest driven workcenters.

Overall, in my opinion, the hours average out over the spectrum. What I mean is, for every over time pog you get, cosmetics for example, that takes more time, you get one that takes less time. The problem is, they are different months. But over time, it equals out. That doesn't count in guest service and backups, which is what happens now. Or, if at 6 hours into the pog, the backroom says .... We can't pull your stuff today.

The hours include time to set, clean,stage clearance and push. The pull part is debatable. The hours do not include merchandising, signing, clearance or NOP/discontinued product. It also does not include installing speciality fixtures(i.e. Stores were given additional hours for gen3 pusher install).

For the most part I find I can cut hours because a rug aisle will not take 10 freaking hours. I do have a TM who is pretty much spot on with the adjacency calendar or will take a little longer.

But I agree, that some pogs are over casted and some are under, but it evens out.

I'm told that all pogs are measured from an empty gondola which would be way easier than dealing with product.. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back