Archived Adjusting prices on Black Friday Target's AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard different things....

No price matching on Black Friday ads (duh - we've NEVER done that). :wacko:

BUT does this include Target's own? Meaning are we adjusting the sale price IF we buy it within 2 weeks and it is even cheaper in the black friday's ad?

For example: Brave comes out this Tuesday --- $15.99 BUT for Black Friday's ad it's $10. If we buy it Tuesday can we get it adjusted on black friday or the saturday?????

Some say NO --- because we aren't price matching. This isn't technically "price matching" it's honoring the sale ad.

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and find the identical item for less at Target, Target.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and we’ll match that price at the Guest Service desk.

This from Target.Com

The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by Dec. 24.
The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
For matching competitor ads, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested.
Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
*** Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22–24 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded.
We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.

*** pertains to your question. Of course, if you purchase an item on Tuesday, and purchase the same item on Black Friday, there is nothing to stop you from returning the Tuesday purchase, is there?

There will be absolutely no price matching if your receipt has a purchased date of 11/22-24.

There will be absolutely no price matching if your receipt has a purchased date of 11/22-24.

^^ This
Its stated with the Price Match policy at Target.com. You you want to get something, you can buy it at Target.com on Thursday the 22nd at the Black Friday ad prices.

Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22–24 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded.

This is on the Target.Com website. My store won't be honoring price matches from anywhere on Nov 22.

Wait...I know on those days we will not price match. But if I buy whatever on say 11/23 and come back on December 3rd with a lower price, won't it be price matched then?

If the price is lower on Dec 3 than it was on Nov 23, then we'll price match. We just won't give you the Black Friday weekend (which now includes Thursday ;) ) price for the item that your purchased before or after the Black Friday weekend.

That's what I thought, but the other posts confused me a bit, and I just wanted to be sure I'm on the same direction. I'm getting better with just making decisions (helps if I know if the GSTL/GSA trusts me or not) so the more I know and the better I get, the less I need to involve the GSTL/GSA.

There isn't supposed to be any adjustments made for black friday, but this will depend on your store. Supposedly all the ETLs and Team Leads are taking a stand on that this year but I doubt that'll hold.

There isn't supposed to be any adjustments made for black friday, but this will depend on your store. Supposedly all the ETLs and Team Leads are taking a stand on that this year but I doubt that'll hold.

We told our ETL's they best be there when guest services calls them cause there will be ALOT of pissed off guests.....I guess VIBE is not going on these days then...the guests WILL NOT be happy. I bet you anything they "give in".

From what I know you we are not adjusting for Black Friday sales. So if you (or a guest) buys something early that is on sale during the 2-day, you (they) will not be eligible for a price adjustment. If you want the deal, buy it online or brave the crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back