Archived Advice for working electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm another seasonal employee, and I was trained to work hardlines. However, I did get a chance to work electronics for about an hour earlier this week. However, this time I am actually being assigned to Electronics CSH for over 6 hours.

Just a few questions:

1: What should I expect the most common questions to be about? And how do I prepare for them?
2: What are some of the less common occurrences that I should be aware of for a full shift?
3: If someone asks me to check the backroom to make sure we have an item, how exactly would I go about doing that? I've never had to do it before-- Someone else has always done it for me instead.
4: Do we need to ask them if they want a red card when we're ringing people up at electronics, and if so, is there another thread or way someone could explain how to do that?
5: General tips?

Thank you so much, I'm new still and want to make sure I do a good job.

If you are scheduled under CSH for electronics for Black Friday you’ll just be cashing people out. I wouldn’t worry too much about the questions from guests about products. To check if an item is in the back, you’ll still want to ask an electronics TM or backroom because while you can check on a zebra to see if any are located (open MyWork 2.0 on a mydevice, scan the item, it’ll tell you x number on floor, x in back, if there are any in the back you can tap the name of the item and it’ll give you a backroom location it is located), due to the craziness of the holidays and modernization etc a lot of stuff is going to be sitting on vehicles or in random spots. Someone who works in electronics might (or might not!) know where it is. You can ask people if they want a redcard if you want - I usually don’t worry about it while ringing at electronics but you can sure try.

Good luck! 👍

Hang in and just take things from one direction at a time. It will be crazy but you do what you need to, to do things right or keep yourself doing things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back