Archived (Advice) Moving from 4AM BR to daytime , good idea or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was recently moved from Flow to Backroom at 4AM, and I like it; however, I would like in the future to move to Backroom in daytime because well I hate working at 4AM. First of all I would like to know what's different from 4AM shift? Do 4Am BR have more hours than daytime? Etc etc

Dayside Backroom involves:
1.) Pulling the CAFs at the top of the hour
2.) Backstocking merchandise that TM's send back and flow leaves behind
3.) Completing Flex Fulfillments (things guests ordered online for in store pickup)
4.) Pulling batches for instocks and other empties
5.) Pulling sales plans and pogs (some stores BR TMs don't pull these)
6.) Pulling items for team members to help guests
7.) Run the baler, make bales, setting the line for the morning/flow team
8.) Pulling price change (clearance items)

I made that offer to one of my tms gave him 6 and a half hour shifts to compensate for the dollar lost working early am

At my store, early morning Backroom gets more hours because there is just so much more to do. We usually have 2-3 openers, 1 mid, 1 closer.

Your store could of course be different and have lots of dayside TMs. You should check the grid (daily schedule) for truck days and non truck days and see what kind of shifts and hours there typically are in the Backroom.

Your best bet to get the most hours would probably be to do both early morning and day shifts.

What would be the best way to request my switch to BR to dayside? How do I approach my ETL?

Our early morning guys can't handle working dayside. Hourly cafs seems to be a struggle with everyone who try's it.

Bad idea. It's very fast paced. You will be pulling a lot of batches especially CAF batches and will have hardly any time to back stock. You will be like Jason Statham in Crank. You will be constantly moving.

The most important thing is you have to be fast and accurate. Some people can't handle the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back