Archived Advice on quitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked for Target for nearly two years. I've called in once, was never coached, always tried my best to be flexible, and gave it my all. I was promoted a year after I started to a specialty position. Everything was fine until my ETL left, and a new one came in. I tried my best to be friendly and welcoming with my new exec, joked with her, etc. But I immediately got the vibe that they didn't like me. Which is fine. I know not everyone "clicks".

My hours were cut tremendously, some weeks I had to beg for hours on flow. My position was suffering due to hour cuts, I tried talking to my TL, tried talking to HR, eventually had a meeting with all parties involved. Pretty much told me to change my entire routine, and how I was working was not "efficient". Bear in mind, I'm pretty much doing everything how I was trained, I was open to feedback from the beginning. I was never told any of this before my old exec left. I was always told I'm doing a great job, never had any complaints from my TL or ETL. I was stripped of anything I enjoyed when it came to my position and all the responsibilities I took on.

I've gone home crying more than I'd like to admit, my anxiety is through the roof whenever I'm at work now. I am applying at a place this week and will hopefully get a call back ASAP. I don't want to leave on bad terms but it doesn't look like I have much of a choice. I haven't told anyone this yet, but I'm afraid if I give notice anymore than two weeks, my hours will be shred to nothing. I have bills to pay. I have to feed myself.

I just don't know how to go about this. I've never quit due to management issues before. I've always been a flexible, hardworking TM. Suddenly everything I'm doing is wrong and I don't know why I wasn't given any feedback in the beginning.

You are under no obligation to give more than 2 weeks notice. Apply at the other place, and see how it goes. When you get the job, get a voluntary term form from any leader or HRTM. You will have the option of filling out why you are leaving. You may write anything or nothing.

You are under no obligation to give more than 2 weeks notice. Apply at the other place, and see how it goes. When you get the job, get a voluntary term form from any leader or HRTM. You will have the option of filling out why you are leaving. You may write anything or nothing.

I agree with everything except the first line. My first thought is to consider whether you want to go to a different store. If you dont put in your two weeks you will be listed as unrehireable and you will never have Target to fall back on. If you are okay with that, you can do that. Otherwise two weeks is the best way to go. They wont take away your shifts but they may not schedule you for the third week out. I would term on a Wednesday when the schedule for two weeks out comes out.

I agree with everything except the first line. My first thought is to consider whether you want to go to a different store. If you dont put in your two weeks you will be listed as unrehireable and you will never have Target to fall back on. If you are okay with that, you can do that. Otherwise two weeks is the best way to go. They wont take away your shifts but they may not schedule you for the third week out. I would term on a Wednesday when the schedule for two weeks out comes out.
I said no more than 2 weeks. I always assume that people will do that much. :).

same thought, but do it on a friday - that way if you fear they will retaliate against you for putting in your two weeks, they won't be able to write any schedules with that in mind. Keep in mind though that if your scheduled to work on that friday or saturday on the schedule that was just posted, you will be accountable for those shifts. Plus it lets you start on the following monday like a "normal" job!

same thought, but do it on a friday - that way if you fear they will retaliate against you for putting in your two weeks, they won't be able to write any schedules with that in mind. Keep in mind though that if your scheduled to work on that friday or saturday on the schedule that was just posted, you will be accountable for those shifts. Plus it lets you start on the following monday like a "normal" job!

Great idea. To add to that, take a picture of the current schedules so that they can't mess with those, at least without informing you that they have been changed.

Make sure you take pictures of your current schedules. After you know you have the job than get a voluntary term form. You can choose to tell them why on the form if you wish. Make sure you also tell the person who makes the schedule to not put you on the schedule anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back